Strange Exception raised by UDP socket

I have a UDP socket, that raises an EIdSocketError exception with
code 10054, while it is executing socket.Readbuffer().

That code means "connection reset by peer". What is the point here ?
UDP sockets are connection-less....

Can someone from the indy team explain that to me ?
by the way, any subsequent readbuffer to this socket will return the same
error.

thanks

Re:Strange Exception raised by UDP socket

"Kamil Pogorzelski" <del...@pogorzelski.de> writes:
> Hi,
> this error is possible on a datagram socket; for instance, this error could
> result if your application sends a UDP datagram to a host, which rejects it
> by responding with an ICMP Port Unreachable.

interesting... But the message is a bit confusing then ! it would be nice to
say "no route to ..." or "port unreachable"

Since i'm awaitting packets on this socket, is there a way to
clear the error without changing the bound port ?

Other Threads