Pump tables definition ?

Hi any expert,

Anyone can provide the IB SQL script to fetch all objects' ( e.g. table,
index, roles and etc. ) properties from a testing IB database ( xxxx.gdb )
for building up a fresh production database and objects ( yyyy.gdb ) ?

Thank you very much !!!

Re:Pump tables definition ?

Hi Nelson

Have you tried Metadata/Extract Database from Interbase Interactive SQL?
That should help you with first part of you next question as well. If you
don't want to create database (alter metadata of existing one), do 'connect
to' instead of 'create'. Run it later with File/Run SQL Script menu option
from same application.

Igor

"nelson" <nelson_c...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3b53df78_2@dnews...
> Hi any expert,

> Anyone can provide the IB SQL script to fetch all objects' ( e.g. table,
> index, roles and etc. ) properties from a testing IB database ( xxxx.gdb )
> for building up a fresh production database and objects ( yyyy.gdb ) ?

> Thank you very much !!!

Re:Pump tables definition ?

> Anyone can provide the IB SQL script to fetch all objects' ( e.g. table,
> index, roles and etc. ) properties from a testing IB database ( xxxx.gdb )
> for building up a fresh production database and objects ( yyyy.gdb ) ?

You have to enable SYSOBJECTS in IBConsole (Main menu/View/System Data). In
the system tables RDB$xxx yuo can find all the information on the objects
present in the database. Unfortunately I cannot give you the exact script for
each type of object (but the tables are described in the IB Documentation).
You still can use IBConsole/Extract Metadata feature to do the complete job.

--
Yours,

Rotaru Calin

Other Threads