Sybase driver and MS-SQL 6.0 - HELP!

PLEASE HELP!

I am using Delphi 1.0 on Win95 and MS SQL Server on Win NT 3.51 and
I have big problem when I try to connect Delphi with MS SQL using Sybase
driver. The main problem is in RequestLive property.
If I set RequestLive on true Delphi will return "Table does not exist",
but if I set RequestLive on false the connection will be established
successfully and application created in Delphi will work normally, but
I can't enter anything in data fields or in DBGrid.

Can YOU help me?
P.S. I am using NetBEUI protocol. I'm not sure if this is right.

Re:Sybase driver and MS-SQL 6.0 - HELP!

Vedran Blazevic <n...@alf.tel.hr> wrote:
>PLEASE HELP!

>I am using Delphi 1.0 on Win95 and MS SQL Server on Win NT 3.51 and
>I have big problem when I try to connect Delphi with MS SQL using Sybase
>driver. The main problem is in RequestLive property.
>If I set RequestLive on true Delphi will return "Table does not exist",
>but if I set RequestLive on false the connection will be established
>successfully and application created in Delphi will work normally, but
>I can't enter anything in data fields or in DBGrid.

>Can YOU help me?
>P.S. I am using NetBEUI protocol. I'm not sure if this is right.

Hi, Vedran.

I guess it looks like you should put tables' names in uppercase in
TQuery's with RequestLive=True.
BDE transforms SQL for TQuery's SQL and encloses tables' names in
double quotes forcing SQL server to treat them as they are, i.e. case
sensitive.

Hope it wil help.

Vadim.

Other Threads