DBE 4.0,5.01,5.1 w/ Dbase 3 .dbfs, Loosing Records or fields going empty, Help

My application is a Estimating, Inventory, Billing Tool.

Problem 1:

I am experiencing that record(s) in a table (dbase3) (Like a Customer or
Vendor) will simply disappear but I have the evidence that it existed
because the user has a printed copy of a estimate using that customer record
printing.

This is accruing at multiple customer sites with NT4.0 and win95(peertopeer)
networks. I have not seen it yet in a NetWare environment.

At one client, whole groups of records are disappearing or not getting
posted to the table on the network but the user has, in there hand, a quote
indicating that the records were there at one point.

Normal usage of tables is to do a:

ttable.insert, set fields values and then .post, .flushbuffers,
.active:=false.  Also .appendrecord([,,,]) is having the same intermitted
problems.

Problem 2.

Intermittently, I am finding various field go blank when previously that had
values.
One instance happened where a tax table had 99 in the code field and out of
the blue, it went to spaces and the rest of the record was intact.  I put 99
back in the record and everything is fine again, but why did it happen.  The
customer cannot get to the field, they can only delete record and I am not
doing any editing of the fields during runtime.

Any Ideas would be helpful on both of these issues.

Tony Nasca
Dove Net Technologies
3901 Peppertree Lane
Silver Spring, MD 20906
Phone: 301-460-6842
Fax: 301-460-6154
E-Mail Na...@DoveNet.com
Web: http://www.dovenet.com
Downloads: http://www.dovenet.com/downloads

Re:DBE 4.0,5.01,5.1 w/ Dbase 3 .dbfs, Loosing Records or fields going empty, Help

(Possible) Answer to 1st problem: records were posted in cache and printed
from there, but application was terminated with some exception, so cache
'disapeared'.

Try with

DbiSaveChanges( theTable.Handle).

after every post or on other appropriate place.  You also need dbiProcs in
Uses.

Bostjan

Tony Nasca wrote in message <887c9t$h...@bornews.borland.com>...
>My application is a Estimating, Inventory, Billing Tool.

>Problem 1:

>I am experiencing that record(s) in a table (dbase3) (Like a Customer or
>Vendor) will simply disappear but I have the evidence that it existed
>because the user has a printed copy of a estimate using that customer
record
>printing.

Other Threads