Delphi32.dct missing

Richard

I can tell that you have been very busy but I still have the problem.  I
removed Delphi 4 and then I removed from the Registry all references to
Delphi, Inprise, Borland, Interbase and BDE other
than those that refer to web pages ect.  I am at a loss.  Is there something
else that I should be removing from the registry?  Help.

Jim
hoffman...@msn.com

Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <3634B6E6.693ED...@inprise.com>...
>James,

>Sorry I missed your earlier post.

>If you haven't already done so, I suggest you uninstall Delphi from the
>Add/Remove programs control panel.  Back up your registry, then manually
remove
>any references to Delphi.  Restart and install again.

>This solution worked for all of the other people who had the error message
"ICON
>IMAGE IS NOT VALID".  If this does not work for you please post again.

>--
>------------------------
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Delphi32.dct missing

James,

The fact that you have no Delphi32.dct is not a bad thing.  It simply means that
you have not created any component templates, and therefore your problem is not
a corrupt component template.

I had another call last week with this same problem, and he too had a Micron
system.  I'm beginning to suspect that either Micron is using a customized
version of Windows, or all these systems are using the same video driver or
other conflicting setup.

It is strange that doing a complete uninstallation, cleaning the registry, and
re-installing did not fix your issue as it did for everyone else.  Are you sure
you removed EVERY reference to Delphi in the registry (other than the system
path, of course)?

I am still looking into the issue, but I haven't found anything new.  What
happens if you reboot in Safe Mode and try to run Delphi?  What happens if you
switch to the default VGA driver?  If it's not too much trouble, you can also
try installing Windows off of a non-OEM CD.

This is an annoying problem and I would like to have a better solution for
people than cleaning the registry.  If I find anything, I'll let you know.
--
------------------------
Richard
Delphi Developer Support
www.inprise.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Delphi32.dct missing

Thanks Richard

I tried to reinstall twice yesterday and cleaned the registry twice with no
satisfactory results. I did notice one strang thing that I really had not
paid much attention to before and that is after loading the software and
when rebooting I receive three (I believe they happen so fast) flashes of a
dos program blank screan with the form name of Tregsvr.  It flashes on and
of three times in rapid succession and then it does not come up again.  Also
I am able to open an existing project and I can add and remove components
from a blank form but I cannot access the object repository, that appears to
be the main stumbling block.

I have an upgrade to windows 98 sitting on my desk and have been hesitant to
install it.  What do you think?   Do you think that might solve the problem?

Jim Hoffman

Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <363DF3BE.C43A...@inprise.com>...
>James,

>The fact that you have no Delphi32.dct is not a bad thing.  It simply means
that
>you have not created any component templates, and therefore your problem is
not
>a corrupt component template.

>I had another call last week with this same problem, and he too had a
Micron
>system.  I'm beginning to suspect that either Micron is using a customized
>version of Windows, or all these systems are using the same video driver or
>other conflicting setup.

>It is strange that doing a complete uninstallation, cleaning the registry,
and
>re-installing did not fix your issue as it did for everyone else.  Are you
sure
>you removed EVERY reference to Delphi in the registry (other than the
system
>path, of course)?

>I am still looking into the issue, but I haven't found anything new.  What
>happens if you reboot in Safe Mode and try to run Delphi?  What happens if
you
>switch to the default VGA driver?  If it's not too much trouble, you can
also
>try installing Windows off of a non-OEM CD.

>This is an annoying problem and I would like to have a better solution for
>people than cleaning the registry.  If I find anything, I'll let you know.
>--
>------------------------
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Delphi32.dct missing

James,

TREGSVR is a utility to register certain files such as BPLs and DLLs.  It is
perfectly normal for it to run after you install Delphi and Restart.

Since your problem may be caused by a corrupt file somewhere in your
installation of Windows, the Win 98 upgrade may change that.  Re-installing 95
with a rescue CD provided by Micron would not, since the problem seems to be
present on Micron systems.
--
------------------------
Richard
Delphi Developer Support
www.inprise.com
(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Re:Delphi32.dct missing

Richard

I am going to byte the bullet and load up 98.  I will let you know what
happens.

Thanks

Jim Hoffman

Richard [Inprise] wrote in message <363E1A79.3F7F2...@inprise.com>...
>James,

>TREGSVR is a utility to register certain files such as BPLs and DLLs.  It
is
>perfectly normal for it to run after you install Delphi and Restart.

>Since your problem may be caused by a corrupt file somewhere in your
>installation of Windows, the Win 98 upgrade may change that.  Re-installing
95
>with a rescue CD provided by Micron would not, since the problem seems to
be
>present on Micron systems.
>--
>Richard
>Delphi Developer Support
>www.inprise.com
>(I do not respond to support questions by e-mail)

Other Threads