porting from TP to C++

Hello
I need to port some TP programs to a C++ 32 bit environment for Windows.

Any of you have any tips on utilities that make this easier?

regards
Olafur

Re:porting from TP to C++

JRS:  In article <35EC1EA5.7F175...@orebroll.se> of Tue, 1 Sep 1998
18:19:49 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Olafur Jakobsson

<olafur.jakobs...@orebroll.se> wrote:
>Hello
>I need to port some TP programs to a C++ 32 bit environment for Windows.

>Any of you have any tips on utilities that make this easier?

Forget the C++, and see the mini-FAQ :

>  FPK-Pascal also known as FPC (Free Pascal compiler) is a 32-bit
>Turbo Pascal compatible compiler system for DOS and Linux. Comes with
>full Pascal source, and compiles itself. Full English documentation is
>available.

If it must run in a C++ environment, see if FPC can create a DLL for C++
to call ...

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQish topics, acronyms, & links.

Re:porting from TP to C++

> I need to port some TP programs to a C++ 32 bit environment for Windows.
> Any of you have any tips on utilities that make this easier?

The easiest is to port to a 32 bit Pascal or another high-level language,
having modularity at least. I would recommand Ada 95 since it is standardised
and highly portable. There are Win 32 and DPMI 32 ports of the free GNAT
compiler (based on GCC); for graphics I have made an effort to port Graph:

  http://www.unine.ch/math/Personnel/Assistants/Gautier/Gaut_FTP.htm

Good luck !

--
Gautier