EOutOfResources problem with Delphi 1

We have a program with (seems to) a large amount of windows (and tabs).
When opening about 12 windows (e.g. 3 forms and 1 form with 10 tabs),we
get an EOutOfResources exception : 'Error Creating Window'. It seems we
are at the boundaries of the available Window-handles.
We tried to change the Stacksize, using the $M directive. That changed
something, but not enough.
Are there other ways? is this a known problem? Who can help?

By the way: The application runs on Windows 3.11.

Greetings, Alex and Ed

Doing good is good for business. Be unselfish, get rich
Develop the world now, harvest your customers tomorrow

Re:EOutOfResources problem with Delphi 1

Alex Goyarts <g...@ka2.cc.ruu.nl> wrote:
>We have a program with (seems to) a large amount of windows (and tabs).
>When opening about 12 windows (e.g. 3 forms and 1 form with 10 tabs),we
>get an EOutOfResources exception : 'Error Creating Window'. It seems we
>are at the boundaries of the available Window-handles.
>We tried to change the Stacksize, using the $M directive. That changed
>something, but not enough.

Strange. Usually that would not change anything.

>Are there other ways? is this a known problem? Who can help?

Reduce the amount of Window handles used. This is a known problem of
16bit Windows. 32bit Windows is better.

Create resources dynamically to avoid EOutOfResources.

--
Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/

Other Threads