(D4) Tab key does not work...

... to change the focus between controls on a form instantiated in a DLL and
then docked in an EXE.  If I undock the form, everything is OK, but when
docked, the tab key does nothing.  All other keys and shortcut combinations
that I have checked work fine on the docked form, but if I can't get the tab
key to behave properly I'm outta luck.

Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

Thanks,
    Matt Burleigh
    burle...@bridge-way.com

Re:(D4) Tab key does not work...

The problem appears to be that the edit control on the form that comes from
the DLL does not handle the SendMessage API call (sent from
TApplication.ProcessMessages - IsKeyMsg) the same way that a form in the EXE
does.  Any API gurus have any suggestions?

Matt Burleigh wrote in message <6to7hl$2...@forums.borland.com>...
>... to change the focus between controls on a form instantiated in a DLL
and
>then docked in an EXE.  If I undock the form, everything is OK, but when
>docked, the tab key does nothing.  All other keys and shortcut combinations
>that I have checked work fine on the docked form, but if I can't get the
tab
>key to behave properly I'm outta luck.

>Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

>Thanks,
>    Matt Burleigh
>    burle...@bridge-way.com

Re:(D4) Tab key does not work...

Do you have sample code?
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.
Matt Burleigh wrote in message <6tokep$3...@forums.borland.com>...
>The problem appears to be that the edit control on the form that comes from
>the DLL does not handle the SendMessage API call (sent from
>TApplication.ProcessMessages - IsKeyMsg) the same way that a form in the
EXE
>does.  Any API gurus have any suggestions?

>Matt Burleigh wrote in message <6to7hl$2...@forums.borland.com>...
>>... to change the focus between controls on a form instantiated in a DLL
>and
>>then docked in an EXE.  If I undock the form, everything is OK, but when
>>docked, the tab key does nothing.  All other keys and shortcut
combinations
>>that I have checked work fine on the docked form, but if I can't get the
>tab
>>key to behave properly I'm outta luck.

>>Can anyone shed any light on why this is happening?

>>Thanks,
>>    Matt Burleigh
>>    burle...@bridge-way.com

Other Threads