Problem with CachedUpdates and IndexFieldNames!

Hi,

I'm working with Delphi3 and several PDX-tables but everytime I
want to change the IndexFieldNames-property of an TTable-
component I get an execption. (Without ChachedUpdates = true,
everything is just fine!)

Anybody who knows this problem and has a solution!?

Thanks & Bye Joerg.

Re:Problem with CachedUpdates and IndexFieldNames!

Joerg,

To change the index field, close the database and open again with the
new key.
I have problems like yours on the grids when a change the order and try
to make some update on the database.

Jorge Lauand

Joerg Leuschke wrote:
> I'm working with Delphi3 and several PDX-tables but everytime I
> want to change the IndexFieldNames-property of an TTable-
> component I get an execption. (Without ChachedUpdates = true,
> everything is just fine!)

You cannot change the index with cached updates enabled. Delphi needs the
index information to write the updates if orderd by ApplyUpdates. If you
change the index this information would be lost.

cya
Juergen
--
** Juergen "Cursor" Metzdorf  ** Words of advice for young people **
**    juer...@in-trier.de     ** Avoid sympathy for normal people **

Other Threads