Access violation 'gds32.dll'

I was reported previously (in this NG I think) that repeated call of STORED
procedure produces this error. Look at previous messages on this NG because
there is some workarround for it.

gds32.dll is the Interbase's / Firebird's client access library. This DLL is
the connection betweem your application and the database server.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

"Rubens" <supo...@rl-sistemas.com.br> escribi en el mensaje

> Hello people,

> Every time I run an application that execute a 'storage procedure' many
> times (like in a loop), I get the message " Access violation 'gds32.dll'
".
> Calling it by Debug this error doesnt appear.
> What would be happening ? or What's the 'gds32.dll' does ?

> Thanks,

> Jair

Re:Access violation 'gds32.dll'

Hello people,

Every time I run an application that execute a 'storage procedure' many
times (like in a loop), I get the message " Access violation 'gds32.dll' ".
Calling it by Debug this error doesnt appear.
What would be happening ? or What's the 'gds32.dll' does ?

Thanks,

Jair

Re:Access violation 'gds32.dll'

Thanks Sergio,

Sorry, I could not find anything related to this problem. I have searched
the following NGs:

- borland.public.delphi.database.interbaseexpress
- borland.public.interbase.bugdiscussion
- borland.public.interbase.general

Could you send me some more tips?

TIA,

Rubens

"Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message

> I was reported previously (in this NG I think) that repeated call of
STORED
> procedure produces this error. Look at previous messages on this NG
because
> there is some workarround for it.

Re:Access violation 'gds32.dll'

In general, it is advisable to Prepare and Unprepare the TStoredProc for
each use, even when not changing it's calling structure. I go so far as to
clear and recreate the Params for the stored procedure, but this is mainly
because I use one TStoredProc per datamodule and reuse it for any procedures
called from that datamodule.

HTH
Woody

"Rubens" <supo...@rl-sistemas.com.br> wrote in message

> Thanks Sergio,

> Sorry, I could not find anything related to this problem. I have searched
> the following NGs:

> - borland.public.delphi.database.interbaseexpress
> - borland.public.interbase.bugdiscussion
> - borland.public.interbase.general

> Could you send me some more tips?

> TIA,

> Rubens

> "Sergio Samayoa" <serg...@terra.com.gt> wrote in message
> > I was reported previously (in this NG I think) that repeated call of
> STORED
> > procedure produces this error. Look at previous messages on this NG
> because
> > there is some workarround for it.

Other Threads