Using databases on a LAN

I have an application that I am trying to set up onto a LAN but
I get the error "Databases not initialized for network".  Could someone help-me.

Francisco Silveirinha

Re:Using databases on a LAN

In article <4qh83m$...@vivaldi.telepac.pt> Francisco Silveirinha <f...@mail.telepac.pt> writes:
>I have an application that I am trying to set up onto a LAN but
>I get the error "Databases not initialized for network".  Could someone help-me.

In the IDAPI configuration utility, "Paradox" page, you must specify a NET
DIR.  Each user must have this, and they must point to the same directory,
differing only by the drive-letter used if at all.

Paradox will refuse to do anything to a table it knows to be on a network
drive, if it does not have a NET DIR or if it is not reasonably sure that
there are not "multiple net-files in use."

/mr/

Re:Using databases on a LAN

Sundial Services wrote:

> In article <4qh83m$...@vivaldi.telepac.pt> Francisco Silveirinha <f...@mail.telepac.pt> writes:

> >I have an application that I am trying to set up onto a LAN but
> >I get the error "Databases not initialized for network".  Could someone help-me.

> In the IDAPI configuration utility, "Paradox" page, you must specify a NET
> DIR.  Each user must have this, and they must point to the same directory,
> differing only by the drive-letter used if at all.

> Paradox will refuse to do anything to a table it knows to be on a network
> drive, if it does not have a NET DIR or if it is not reasonably sure that
> there are not "multiple net-files in use."

> /mr/

I have done that yet I still get the "Database not initialized for network"
message.  I think it needs a PDOXUSRS.NET file, how is this file created?

Thanks for your help.

Dean Millam.

Other Threads