How to connect to SQL Server?

2004-09-28 02:09:05 AM
delphi163
Hi out there!
What is the easiest way no connect to SQL Server, either ODBC or native
but without BDE?. Iīm using D5, so I donīt have dbExpress. Is there any
equivalent to IBExpress?. Also, where can I find the native SQL Server,
like the one described in Interbase, at the XSQLDA level?
Regards,
Alvaro Castiello

Re:How to connect to SQL Server?

Use the ADO componnents.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email
Alvaro Castiello writes:
Hi out there!

What is the easiest way no connect to SQL Server, either ODBC or
native but without BDE?. Iīm using D5, so I donīt have dbExpress. Is
there any equivalent to IBExpress?. Also, where can I find the native
SQL Server, like the one described in Interbase, at the XSQLDA level?

Regards,
Alvaro Castiello

Re:How to connect to SQL Server?

...or use third-party commercially components.
"Alvaro Castiello" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hi out there!

What is the easiest way no connect to SQL Server, either ODBC or native
but without BDE?. Iīm using D5, so I donīt have dbExpress. Is there any
equivalent to IBExpress?. Also, where can I find the native SQL Server,
like the one described in Interbase, at the XSQLDA level?

Regards,
Alvaro Castiello

Re:How to connect to SQL Server?

Bill Todd writes:
Use the ADO componnents.

Are they included in D5 professional or only Enterprise versions Bill?
Thank you
Alvaro

Re:How to connect to SQL Server?

In D5 they were only in the Enterprise version. IIRC they are in the
Pro versions of Delphi 6 and 7.