IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

2004-02-25 01:51:09 AM
delphi165
I read many news articles but no answers about that :
I use TIDHTTP component to send http requests from my app.
Someone who use my app use a proxy server to connect to internet.
I've set ProxyParams as usual :
proxyPassword, proxyPort (no authentication)
and i get the fallowing exception :
Socket Error # 10065 No route to host
What can i do ?
FLX

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

"F?lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:403b8f0f$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
Socket Error # 10065 No route to host
What can i do ?
Nothing. This is a network error.
Got Indy? Got the book?
www.atozed.com/indy/book/

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

My app is a product.
Now it is installed at the french equipment ministry.
All their internet App work fine...except our ;-)
What should i tell them to solve the pb ?
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...

--
Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - www.hower.org/Kudzu/

Got Indy? Got the book?

www.atozed.com/indy/book/

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

"F?lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
My app is a product.
Now it is installed at the french equipment ministry.
All their internet App work fine...except our ;-)
What should i tell them to solve the pb ?
Is there a proxy in your way?
Is Indy useful to you? Send a postcard please!
www.hower.org/kudzu/indypost.html

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

"Félix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Socket Error # 10065 No route to host
WSAEHOSTUNREACH
(10065)
No route to host.
A socket operation was attempted to an unreachable host. See
WSAENETUNREACH
Make sure that you set up your addresses correctly. You probably didn't put
in the correct proxy address/port.
Gambit

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

YES !
first thread :

"F?lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in news:403c65b7$1
@newsgroups.borland.com:
"I use TIDHTTP component to send http requests from my app.
Someone who use my app use a proxy server to connect to internet.
I've set ProxyParams as usual :
proxyPassword, proxyPort (no authentication)
and i get the fallowing exception :
Socket Error # 10065 No route to host"
It sounds like its not using their proxy - or it cannot find a route to their
proxy. Are you sure they have a CERN proxy? Did you set the proxy address
too?
Want to keep up to date with Indy?
Join Indy News - it free!
www.atozed.com/indy/news/

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

Thank you for your answers (and gambit too).
It's my mistake : i recently modified the source code of my app(a crawler) :
before each crawl, now, i free then TidHTTP component and recreate it. I
simply forgot to update proxy settings after recreate.
Donald duck programming...
...but since we talk about Indy :
i've reported many bugs in bbg system about Idcookies.pas and
IdCookieManager.pas
I had to fix some of these bugs by myself and sent my correctives to indy
team (Doychin).
Whats going on ?
________________________________
My old message (2003-12-03)
Hello Indy users and Indy experts.
I use Indy 9.0.14 (D5)
After torture tests, I have noticed some bugs for cookies management :
- subdomains are not supported :a cookie available for mydomain is
considered as not valid (isvalidcookie) for subdomain.mydomain
- domains and paths not correctly managed by TidCookieManager : when a
cookie is added to the cookies collection, it is added to a cookiesbyDomain
section which is a TStringList for a particular domain. Inside this section,
only the name is considered and not the path.
- The generateCookie list method doesn't support cookies for same domain but
different paths (like prior bug)
- The Cookie collection is not or can not be correctly freed : The
cleanUpCookieList method only drops expired cookies on the fly and when the
component is destroyed. Even in this case, only cookies objects are freed
but not Tstring items
All have been reported in bbg section for indy team, and this news group,
but because Indy team was to busy, i had to fix theses bugs by myself...
As chad suggested, i post this message :
1/ for indy experts to check this with me and eventually integrate the fixed
units
2/ for other users that have theses problems too and want a quick solution.
"Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>a écrit dans le message de news:
XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
"F?lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
@newsgroups.borland.com:
>"I use TIDHTTP component to send http requests from my app.
>Someone who use my app use a proxy server to connect to internet.
>I've set ProxyParams as usual :
>proxyPassword, proxyPort (no authentication)
>and i get the fallowing exception :
>Socket Error # 10065 No route to host"

It sounds like its not using their proxy - or it cannot find a route to
their
proxy. Are you sure they have a CERN proxy? Did you set the proxy address
too?

--
Chad Z. Hower (a.k.a. Kudzu) - www.hower.org/Kudzu/

Want to keep up to date with Indy?

Join Indy News - it free!

www.atozed.com/indy/news/

Re:IDHTTP Socket Error # 10065 No route to host

"F lix GUILLEMOT" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
..but since we talk about Indy :
i've reported many bugs in bbg system about Idcookies.pas and
IdCookieManager.pas
I had to fix some of these bugs by myself and sent my correctives to
indy team (Doychin).
Whats going on ?
Doychin did most of the cookie work, but Stephane also works on HTTP quite a
bit too.
Want more Indy stuff? Try the Atozed Indy Portal at
www.atozedsoftware.com/
* More Free Demos
* Free Articles
* Extra Support