ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

2006-02-07 12:19:25 PM
delphi279
This is how to do it:
Put path to RB source files in Library - Win 32
1. Backup contents of ReportBuilder Lib directory
2. Delete files from lib directory
3. Delete rb*9x.bpl for Windows system32
4. Add the following to end of ppIfDef.pas / save
{$IFDEF VER180} // Delphi 10.0
{$DEFINE Delphi4}
{$DEFINE Delphi5}
{$DEFINE Delphi6}
{$DEFINE Delphi7}
{$DEFINE Delphi9}
{$DEFINE Delphi10}
{$DEFINE Tee40}
{$ENDIF}
5. open *.dpk in ReportBuilder Source dir
In project manager
6. right click requires folder of bpl (dpk) for each file in step 5, add
designide.dcp (in delphi lib folder ex. C:\Program
Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\lib)
7. Compile each file
8. Find compiled bpl files (ex. C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My
Documents\Borland Studio Projects\Bpl) , copy rb*.bpl to Windows system32
9. right click each dcl* file and install
a couple of features do not work, because only dcu files exists, we were
supposed to get *ALL* the source but I guess not :(
95% of functionality is here, enough for me to have both FastReport and RB
in 2006 and start the conversion to FastReport

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

95% of functionality is here, enough for me to have both FastReport and RB
in 2006 and start the conversion to FastReport
This is a totally cheap shot. RB is a fantastic product, been great for
Delphi and the support has been phenomenal.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

Yes RB is a Great product, I have been using it for 5 years, but I am not
paying another $500 to upgrade to use it with 2006, it took me 2 hours to
make this work. Why can not RB release 9.04 for D2006?? I will tell you why,
Money. They know nobody in their right mind is staying with D2005, easy way
to make some quick bucks.
I am no longer a RB customer, do you blame me??
Fast report kicks RB's $#@, and at less then 1/3 price
"Kevin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>95% of functionality is here, enough for me to have both FastReport and
>RB in 2006 and start the conversion to FastReport

This is a totally cheap shot. RB is a fantastic product, been great for
Delphi and the support has been phenomenal.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

I am no longer a RB customer, do you blame me??
No. that is your decision. I blame you for making it personal and trying to
persuade others in order to hurt RB/DM.
I will upgrade because I need a guy like Nard behind the product. It's
worth it to me to have someone like him working on the product.
"Todd Bennett" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

>>95% of functionality is here, enough for me to have both FastReport and
>>RB in 2006 and start the conversion to FastReport
>
>This is a totally cheap shot. RB is a fantastic product, been great for
>Delphi and the support has been phenomenal.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

I needed 9 for 2006 and DM did not reply to phone calls or email.
I'm not trying to hurt/persuade anybody. DM is hurting themselves by pulling
this stunt.
I would have upgraded to 10 even if they released 9 for 2006.
I gladly gave them my money for 5 years, but this time it feels like they
are reaching into MY pocket.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

I'm not trying to hurt/persuade anybody.
Right.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

Weel you are right. The Truth Hurts
"Kevin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>I'm not trying to hurt/persuade anybody.

Right.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

Another cheap shot. Climb back into that hole and take two aspirin.

>>I'm not trying to hurt/persuade anybody.
>
>Right.

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

I emailed them inquiring about a D2006 version and received a quick reply
that they are readying a Win32 version.
John

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

a couple of features do not work, because only dcu files exists, we were
supposed to get *ALL* the source but I guess not :(
DM has always made very clear that all source code is included, with the
exception for the Server Edition and RAP compiler (Enterprise feature) .
And it is not a "secret" that one can compile RB 5,6,7 or 9 on D2006.
Would be kind of strange if one couldn't, since the source code is there.
(Though all references to RAP-units must be removed for the Enterprise
Edition, as you described).
I agree that it is "sad" that the new release has been a little delayed,
mostly because I am eagerly waiting to see what's new!
But the quite long history has (at least for me) proven that DM is one of
the best partners one can work with.
/Johan

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

I too think DM have played this one very badly, this is not the "phenomenal"
customer service that some have suggested. This just smacks of DM
desperately trying to think of new features that they can justify the
hundreds of dollars for an upgrade.
If they are so attentive to customer service they should have released a
version 9 that all Delphi Developers could start using weeks ago, they have
already proved this is possible with the 9.03 trial, and then when they are
ready, offer any new features in a version 10 as a chargeable upgrade that
we have some choice over.
Phil
[...]

Marc Antheunis writes:
i expect a reasonable upgrade price for 9.x users
Since it is an easy recompile for DM to release RB9 for D2006 (they did release a trial), I think it is bad practice they don't do
it. If the new features in RB10 are worth it we will probably all buy an upgrade, but forcing us to buy an upgrade doesn't seem
right.
my 2 cents
--
Andr?Prins
Twain Development

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

Very well spoken, Philip!
I agree with you all the way. In this situation we are FORCED to upgrade to
RB10 if we want to use D2006. DM has put their customers in a difficult
situation in my oppinion, and some of them may now be looking for a way out.
Kind regards
TorB.
*****
"Philip Colley" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>skrev i melding

>This is how to do it:
>
>Put path to RB source files in Library - Win 32
>
>1. Backup contents of ReportBuilder Lib directory
>2. Delete files from lib directory
>3. Delete rb*9x.bpl for Windows system32
>4. Add the following to end of ppIfDef.pas / save
>
>{$IFDEF VER180} // Delphi 10.0
>{$DEFINE Delphi4}
>{$DEFINE Delphi5}
>{$DEFINE Delphi6}
>{$DEFINE Delphi7}
>{$DEFINE Delphi9}
>{$DEFINE Delphi10}
>{$DEFINE Tee40}
>{$ENDIF}
>
>5. open *.dpk in ReportBuilder Source dir
>
>In project manager
>
>6. right click requires folder of bpl (dpk) for each file in step 5, add
>designide.dcp (in delphi lib folder ex. C:\Program
>Files\Borland\BDS\4.0\lib)
>7. Compile each file
>8. Find compiled bpl files (ex. C:\Documents and
>Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Borland Studio Projects\Bpl) , copy
>rb*.bpl to Windows system32
>9. right click each dcl* file and install
>
>a couple of features do not work, because only dcu files exists, we were
>supposed to get *ALL* the source but I guess not :(
>
>95% of functionality is here, enough for me to have both FastReport and
>RB in 2006 and start the conversion to FastReport

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

Dear Todd Bennett!
Tuesday, February 7, 2006, 7:19:25 AM, you writes:
<skipped>
TB>95% of functionality is here, enough for me to have both FastReport and RB
TB>in 2006 and start the conversion to FastReport
You are welcome.
Can you write about "5%" to our support team?
PS: All our customers receive free upgrade from Delphi 4 to Delphi 5
(etc.) and to D2006 (as I know - FastReport is the first reporting
tool for Delphi with full support of Unicode and Delphi 2006).
PPS: We'll be glad to meet our customers (and not only
customers) on CeBit 2006 in Hannover. Hall 05, St.Nr B70/3
--
Best regards,
Michael Philippenko mailto:XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:ReportBuilder 9.03 Works with D2006

what i find odd is that you object against DM but not Borland
why didn't you want a free D2006, it is after all the same what they did
i guess DM just does not has the resources to get the job done and since
they are working on v10 they want to get something out of it
and i expect a reasonable upgrade price for 9.x users...
cu
marc
"Todd Bennett" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht