How can you make an animation of a golf ball being struck?

2006-04-08 04:32:52 AM
delphi195
Hello:
I apologize for my total lack of knowledge on this subject.
Here is what I want to do:
For a web page, I'd like to demomstrate how a golf ball reacts when it
is struck by the club head. I wish to show how the ball goes up, due to back
spin and how the ball curves left or right due to side spin.
Is Delphi the right tool for this sort of thing? If so, where do I start, or
is this something to be left to a very accomplished programmer?
Thanks,
Rob.

Re:How can you make an animation of a golf ball being struck?

"Robert Thompson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
For a web page, I'd like to demomstrate how a golf ball reacts when it
Is Delphi the right tool for this sort of thing? If so, where do I start,
or is this something to be left to a very accomplished programmer?
I'd recommend doing this in Flash or Java. You _can_ do this in delphi, but
since delphi is a Windows programming language, you'd have to make an
ActiveX that viewers would download and install, and it'd only be usable for
people using Windows.

Re:How can you make an animation of a golf ball being struck?

"GrandmasterB" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"Robert Thompson" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>wrote in
message news:4436cc72$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>For a web page, I'd like to demomstrate how a golf ball reacts when
>it
>Is Delphi the right tool for this sort of thing? If so, where do I start,
>or is this something to be left to a very accomplished programmer?

I'd recommend doing this in Flash or Java. You _can_ do this in delphi,
but since delphi is a Windows programming language, you'd have to make an
ActiveX that viewers would download and install, and it'd only be usable
for people using Windows.
I agree, to a point. The animation part sounds like it would be best in
Flash (that would be my first thought). However, if you need to compute what
each animation frame should look like, then you might want to consider using
Delphi to implement the computation, and then a library that will let you
create Flash files. There's one at www.delphiflash.com/. I am not sure
how actively it is being developed or supported right now, though.