Mouse Wheel Bug Help Please

2003-09-12 07:47:06 AM
delphi258
Try this Use a mouse that has two buttons and a scroll wheel. put a
showmesage(fieldbyname("myfieldname".text)) on the double clicked event of
the dbgrid. Compile& run exe.
Scroll down on the grid using the mouse wheel
then left click on your selected row
Double click on a row of data after you have scrolled down using the mouse
wheel
When I left double click with my mouse the actual record pointer does not
change the first record in the grid pops up in the showmessage
even when I have scrolled to 10 rows down?
Any ideas how to capture this event or what the problem is
it seems the record pointer does not select the proper row in other words
the record pointer is
does not move correctly using a mouse wheel.
I'm using Delphi5
Thanks for any help
Dean

Re:Mouse Wheel Bug Help Please

Hi Dean,
I had a similar problem with Grids. In my case, the reason was the A4-tech
mouse driver. This driver automatically assigns the mouse-wheel to windows
when you move the mouse over it. Switching it to 'Microsoft-compatible mode'
helped.
Achim

--

Re:Mouse Wheel Bug Help Please

"dean hastas" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Try this Use a mouse that has two buttons and a scroll wheel.
<snip>
it seems the record pointer does not select the proper row in other words
the record pointer is
does not move correctly using a mouse wheel.
I see we are having quite a battle with our grids this week. :)
See if this thread is any help -
tinyurl.com/n2p3
--
Regards,