Quickreport printing in 1920x1080 screen resolution

2006-03-15 10:25:38 AM
delphi133
Hello all,
I am sorry to make a crosspost. But I am in such a situation.
Our application is using Delphi 5 and Quickreport 3.6. When previewing reports in 1920x1080 resolution(16:9 format wide screen), the preview is coming in a totally bad way. The rendering of the fonts are wrong and comes with a cluttered look. I checked the problem in QuickReport 4.02 also. The problem is not corrected in that either. Has anybody experienced and bypassed this problem? Any help is highly appreciated. A lot of clients are now working with this kind of TFT displays having the 16:9 format.
I have made some testings and found that the problem lies in the code of QR.
In QrPrntr.pas there is the following proc.
procedure TQRPrinter.CreateMetafileCanvas;
begin
FMetafile := TMetafile.Create;
FMetafile.Width := XSize(PaperWidthValue);
FMetafile.Height := YSize(PaperLengthValue);
FCanvas := TMetafileCanvas.Create(FMetafile, 0);
YFactor := Screen.PixelsPerInch / 254;
XFactor := YFactor;
end;
Here when creating FCanvas, the second parameter is given as the default 0. This causes QuickReport to rely on the screen properties to render the metafile. When we change the code as
FCanvas := TMetafileCanvas.Create(FMetafile, Printer.Handle);
the report is generated smoothly; except for the RichText controls. In this case, the RichText data is printed several times bigger than the real size.
I feel I need help.
Thanks & Regards,
Sacher

Re:Quickreport printing in 1920x1080 screen resolution

Our application is using Delphi 5 and Quickreport 3.6. When
previewing reports in 1920x1080 resolution(16:9 format wide screen),
the preview is coming in a totally bad way. The rendering of the
fonts are wrong and comes with a cluttered look.
Hi, I don't think I have this problem on my 15,4" widescreen, meaning I
can't see anything wrong. I am using QuickReport 3.6.2 and I think all my reports
have some property set to A4 (something like PaperSize - I am not at my
dev-machine). Maybe you have set it to a Custom size or something like
that?