bo and aware components

2007-09-10 08:38:44 AM
delphi282
hi,
there's a way to integrate oo using aware components. I mean, if
i will use bo without a opf how can i crud data with aware
components while i finish developing opf.,
For saving, updating deleting or retrieving single rows i have
no problem because it will map just one bo object instance, but
if an aware(tibdataset for example) component retrieves more
than one row how can load(i thought with objec collections, but
what's the way to do it) those data into object instances, and
when i have that done, how do i show data to the user.
Regards

Re:bo and aware components

You could write your own TDataSet descendant.

Re:bo and aware components

You can have a look at the
Source\Core\InstantPresentation unit in order to have some ideas.
I can not found it. it are third party objects. i have Delphi 7 and i can not found that path.
Once you have a bo, you will need a complete opf or at least a simple
mapping implemented in the base business class as a workaround.

Second, you need to implement something to present your BOs, even if you
will use dbware components. Imho, the effort doesn't worthwhile, and IO
is a good example. Start something very simple that might evolve to an
MVP approach.
So, i can create a complete project with InstantObject or just
works as example to learn and create opf?
Finally, sorry, this is not my business,
Don't worry, i can tell you why. below
but I cannot understand why you
don't use an open source project. There are really *good*
implementations out there you can use, and using it will give you ideas
to implement your own code. Yes, implement our own code is really nice
-- and I know what I am saying -- but the world doesn't stop in order to
wait you to abstract and implement your sdk.
Yes, i have some source opf codes, and i already have some code
of my opf, but right now the problem is the time, you know, the
client don't understand about design, develop.
My experience: I started
with InstantObjects, fixed tons of bugs for the v2, wrote a lot of new
features and improvements. These implementations had two good results:
first I helped the project; second it gave me experience to write my
code, using good ideas from IO and improving or changing some bad ideas,
implementations or abstractions.
Very good advice, in fact as i told you i will help some open
code to finish it, and i will help and learn. But starting with
instant object its a good option. But it will take a couple of
months.
Could you please give
me instantobject download link.
Best Regards.

Re:bo and aware components

mvp instead of dbware
Is MVP already implemented in pressobjects?
"Joao Morais" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>escreveu na mensagem
jorge novoa writes:
>>Second, you need to implement something to present your BOs, even if you
>>will use dbware components. Imho, the effort doesn't worthwhile, and IO
>>is a good example. Start something very simple that might evolve to an
>>MVP approach.
>So, i can create a complete project with InstantObject or just works as
>example to learn and create opf?

Using InstantObjects or another project that implement a data type (value
type, etc type) framework, you might port the business rules without major
problems.

>>My experience: I started with InstantObjects, fixed tons of bugs for the
>>v2, wrote a lot of new features and improvements. These implementations
>>had two good results: first I helped the project; second it gave me
>>experience to write my code, using good ideas from IO and improving or
>>changing some bad ideas, implementations or abstractions.
>Very good advice, in fact as i told you i will help some open code to
>finish it, and i will help and learn. But starting with instant object
>its a good option. But it will take a couple of months. Could you please
>give me instantobject download link.

Google is your friend.

www.instantobjects.org
Here you have opf, dbware to present bo and a nice designer that make
things easier, as well as an expert to model maker.

Now let me advocate on behalf of www.pressobjects.org
Here you have a faster opf with better (full?) support to legacy
databases; better data retrieving support with a rich oql, bo-query or
sql; mvp instead of dbware; metadata within class virtual methods instead
of resources; an impressive development speed; but no release and no
designer atm.

--
Joao Morais

Re:bo and aware components

Great!
I'm going to try it
Magno Machado writes:
>>mvp instead of dbware
>Is MVP already implemented in pressobjects?

Yes.

--
Joao Morais

Re:bo and aware components

www.instantobjects.org
Here you have opf, dbware to present bo and a nice designer that make
things easier, as well as an expert to model maker.

Now let me advocate on behalf of www.pressobjects.org
Here you have a faster opf with better (full?) support to legacyj
databases; better data retrieving support with a rich oql, bo-query or
sql; mvp instead of dbware; metadata within class virtual methods
instead of resources; an impressive development speed; but no release
and no designer atm.

--
Joao Morais
Ok. thanks, i already downloaded pressobjects.

Re:bo and aware components

Joao,
Now let me advocate on behalf of www.pressobjects.org
I've been playing around with this one. Know of a NG where it is being
discussed? I have some questions. From what I have seen, when it is finished ...
it will be excellent!
--
Dave
tdelphihobbyist.blogspot.com/

Re:bo and aware components

Joao,
>I've been playing around with this one. Know of a NG where it is being
>discussed? I have some questions.

No ng, sorry.
<sigh>too bad.
it sounds that nobody has doubts. =)
I hate being the dummy that can not learn by IDE osmosis :(
... one day it will be over :)
--
Dave
Shop Steward Local 55129
tdelphihobbyist.blogspot.com/

Re:bo and aware components

Joao,
The expert will surely make things easier.
Looking forward to it.
--
Dave
Shop Steward Local 55129
Union of Delphi Hobbyists and Occupational Developers
tdelphihobbyist.blogspot.com/

Re:bo and aware components

Hi,
I went to the sourceforge.net but cannot find anything to download.
Ok. thanks, i already downloaded pressobjects.

Re:bo and aware components

Hi Joao. Any links to installation instructions. I have downloaded the
snapshot, but fail to find install instructions.
Thanks,
Dion.
"Joao Morais" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Dion writes:
Hi Joao. Any links to installation instructions. I have downloaded the
snapshot, but fail to find install instructions.
Well... while the designer isn't finished, you just need to include the
sources folders (Core and Brokers) within the library path. You will
also find two or three words about the project at
wiki.pressobjects.org
>Magno Machado writes:
>>>mvp instead of dbware
>>Is MVP already implemented in pressobjects?
>Yes.
>
>--
>Joao Morais

Re:bo and aware components

Tried compiling the SimpleOPF example, but got the following error "File not
found FastMM4.dcu". Initial googling proved inconclusive. Any ideas.
Many thanks,
Dion.

Re:bo and aware components

Dion,
"File not found FastMM4.dcu"
comment it out in the uses section of the SimpleOPF dproj file.
You may also run into a "Database not found." issue with this particular demo.
If you do ... add:
PressApp.ReadConfigFile; just before the line
PressApp.Run; in the same file.
There's a post in the "the press support mailing list" on this.