Jedi Installer

2006-02-26 12:11:22 AM
delphi214
The JCL installer shows two tabs (because I have both Delphi 7 and D2006 installed), but it is
not clear (to me, at least) whether clicking the "install" button installs the library in
to both IDE's or only into the one identified by the currently active tab. I don't want
to mess with my Delphi 7 installation, so I need to be sure I am installing only into the D2006
IDE. (And ditto for the JVCL.) Can anyone reassure me about this?
Thanks,
JAS

Re:Jedi Installer

James A. Schulz writes:
The JCL installer shows two tabs
Simply uncheck the checkbox in the treeview for Delphi 7 and nothing will
be changed in Delphi 7.
The JVCL Installer works different. It uses a wizard and on the second
page (the IDE selection page) you can choose for which Delphi/BDS you want
to install/update the JVCL.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen

Re:Jedi Installer

Andreas,
OK, then I have one more question: I should install the JCL first and then the JVCL, right?
Thanks,
JAS

James A. Schulz writes:
OK, then I have one more question: I should install the JCL first and
then the JVCL, right?
Yes. The JVCL requires an installed JCL.
--
Regards,
Andreas Hausladen