PDF Merging

2008-01-31 01:07:19 AM
delphi213
Hello:
Does anyone knows any code or VCL that allows merging two or more PDF files? I found PDF ToolKit (Gnostice) and VersyPDF (Sybrex)
but I am looking for more alternatives.
Another alternative is to find a way to embed a PDF in a Report Builder report (load the PDF into the report while printing it), but
I don't know if it is possible.
Thanks in advance...
--
Jackson Gomes
Tools&Comps - Security Components for Borland/CodeGear Developers.

Re:PDF Merging

Jackson Gomes - Tools&Comps writes:
Hello:

Does anyone knows any code or VCL that allows merging two or more PDF
files? I found PDF ToolKit (Gnostice) and VersyPDF (Sybrex) but I'm
looking for more alternatives.
Check out iSedQuickPDF- defunct development since 2005, but it is still
a very robust and powerful PDF toolset for $95 (no source). Purchase
from:
https://secure.shareit.com/shareit/checkout.html?PRODUCT%5B168179%5D=1
Currently supported and further developed by volunteers at:
www.quickpdf.org/
Download their Delphi 2007 DCU's:
www.quickpdf.org/forum/forum_posts.asp
Regards,
Keith

Re:PDF Merging

Hi Jackson,
"Jackson Gomes - Tools&Comps" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Another alternative is to find a way to embed a PDF in a Report Builder
report (load the PDF into the report while printing it), but I don't know
if it is possible.
Nard had forwarded me a query from a ReportBuilder customer once, with a
similar requirement. At this point, you can achieve what you want this way:
It can be achieved using PDFtoolkit as PDFtoolkit can render to any TCanvas
object, Windows DC or produce a metafile of the PDF page. This possibility
can easily be used to draw a PDF page on to the report page using an image
control. Right here is an example of using that feature to convert from PDF
to HTML, through eDocEngine’s HTML engine (which can process metafile
input).
www.gnostice.com/pdftoolkitfaq.asp

Re:PDF Merging

Jackson Gomes - Tools&Comps writes:
Hello:

Does anyone knows any code or VCL that allows merging two or more PDF files? I found PDF ToolKit (Gnostice) and VersyPDF (Sybrex)
but I am looking for more alternatives.

Another alternative is to find a way to embed a PDF in a Report Builder report (load the PDF into the report while printing it), but
I don't know if it is possible.

Thanks in advance...

If you don't mind using VCL.net you could use this:
www.pdfsharp.com/

Re:PDF Merging

"Jackson Gomes - Tools&Comps" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Hello:

Does anyone knows any code or VCL that allows merging two or more PDF
files? I found PDF ToolKit (Gnostice) and VersyPDF (Sybrex) but I'm
looking for more alternatives.

Another alternative is to find a way to embed a PDF in a Report Builder
report (load the PDF into the report while printing it), but I don't know
if it is possible.

Thanks in advance...
I was looking for code for this also, but I ended up shelling out to pdftk
which did the merge and split.
Regards,
Mark