MSI running

2003-08-21 03:30:11 AM
delphi213
Hi All
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I assume
most of the 'answer wizards' look here from time to time.. If there's a
better NG, please let me know..
We have Delphi 5 and are trying to run an MSI (the msxml.msi) through our
upgrade application.. I am currently trying to run it through some basic
process creation code...
if not CreateProcess(nil,
zAppName, { pointer to command line string }
nil, { pointer to process security attributes }
nil, { pointer to thread security attributes }
False, { handle inheritance flag }
CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE or { creation flags }
HIGH_PRIORITY_CLASS,
nil, { pointer to new environment block }
nil, { pointer to current directory name }
StartupInfo, { pointer to STARTUPINFO }
ProcessInfo) then { pointer to PROCESS_INF }
WinExec32 := 0
else
begin
CloseHandle(ProcessInfo.hProcess);
CloseHandle(ProcessInfo.hThread);
WinExec32 := ProcessInfo.dwProcessId;
end;
but it is failing every time..
Thoughs?
TIA
P.

Re:MSI running

thks.. will do
"Rick Carter" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

A better place to ask would be
borland.public.delphi.deployment.

Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
Chair, Paradox/Delphi SIG, Cincinnati PC Users Group