Re: Help!! They want to take away our Local Admin rights!!t

2005-03-14 08:56:16 AM
delphi45
IMHO, it looks like you need to find a new employer. :-(
Steve Williams writes:
It's a growing trend. Our company has recently removed local admin rights
from everyone's machines. The prime reason for doing this was to prevent
anyone installing anything that had not been approved by Tech Support staff.

Sure, we complained and whinged a lot, but it got us nowhere. The latest
kick-in-the-pants is the legal disclaimer that now gets appended to every
email sent. It even gets appended to automated email generated by overnight
processes for internal use only. Why? Because the lawyers told the
managers we had to.