Re: Unscientific poll

2005-06-12 08:46:36 AM
delphi251
Alvaro GP schrieb:
What is more stable for you, Delphi 5/6/7 (whichever you use) or Delphi
2005?
Delphi 2005.
(Update 2, Useless .net-stuff removed (I don't use refactoring anyway))
Still, Delphi 7 was faster.

Re: Unscientific poll

Not me.
Jeff
"Captain Jake" <jake[nospam]@jsnewsreader.com>writes
Ingvar Nilsen <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
>Which makes this poll no different than other polls.

Ok then. I am holding a poll.

How many people think Captain Jake is super-duper?
--
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but

Re: Unscientific poll

D7.
Jeff
"Alvaro GP" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
What is more stable for you, Delphi 5/6/7 (whichever you use) or Delphi
2005?

Re: Unscientific poll

>Ok then. I am holding a poll.
>
>How many people think Captain Jake is super-duper?

I do.

[See how silly it is?]
Actually, that says quite a lot about what you're trying to prove. ;)
Brian Moelk
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.brainendeavor.com

Re: Unscientific poll

Nick Hodges [TeamB] writes:
The new Tool Palette alone saves me tons of time and keeps me moving
right along.
<AOL />
Along with ECO, SyncEdit, Refactoring, ErrorInsight, History View,
StarTeam integration, collapsible code regions (didn't think I'd
actually miss them in pre-BDS IDEs, but I do).
--
Cheers,
David Clegg

Re: Unscientific poll

>Ingvar Nilsen <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
><XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
>
>>Which makes this poll no different than other polls.
>
>Ok then. I am holding a poll.
>
>How many people think Captain Jake is super-duper?
He forgot to offer a selection of possible answers <g>
*Not me* isn't an appropriate answer to *How many*.
--
Francis
www.spreadfirefox.com/
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.

Re: Unscientific poll

"Alvaro GP" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
What is more stable for you, Delphi 5/6/7 (whichever you use) or Delphi
2005?
Delphi 5. (But I have had only a few problems with the
other three versions.)
--
Charles Appel
"A generation which ignores history has no past - and no future."

Re: Unscientific poll

Alvaro GP writes:
What is more stable for you, Delphi 5/6/7 (whichever you use) or
Delphi 2005?
I don't use D2005 (so cannot comment on that), but I prefer Delphi 6 over D5 and
D7.
In my experience there's no major difference in stability between D5-6-7,
but Delphi 7 has a few show-stoppers in it (for my purposes), and D5 is less
productive than D6.
--
Kristofer

Re: Unscientific poll

San Francis Bo <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<42abc5e7$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
*Not me* isn't an appropriate answer to *How many*.
There actually is no appropriate answer to a rhetorical question.
--
***Free Your Mind***
Posted with JSNewsreader-BETA 0.9.4.809
borland.public.off-topic exists as a runoff for unwanted posts in the
technical groups. Enforcement of rules is deliberately minimal but
Borland reserves the right to cancel posts at any time, for any
reason, without notice.

Re: Unscientific poll

Alvaro GP <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>
BTW, this makes me think of what might be an interesting poll: Is there
something in D2005 that you can not do with Delphi 7 + some third party tool?
C#.
Is there anything you can do in Delphi 7 that you could not do in D5 + some third
party tool?
The richness of the third-party tool market for Delphi has been one of the
great things about Delphi, and continues to be. The market is so rich that
just about any version of Delphi plus enough third-party tools is better than
the next generation Delphi by itself.
But the best situation is to use the latest version of Delphi with the really
good third-party tools.
--

Ingvar Nilsen in <42ab1d95$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Captain Jake writes:
>But the results are not reliable.

Jake, you have to take a poll here for what it is worth!
I believe he has.

Re: Unscientific poll

Alvaro GP writes:
What is more stable for you, Delphi 5/6/7 (whichever you use) or Delphi
2005?
It's not as simple as that for me:
Delphi 7 - not totally stable
Delphi 2005 C#Builder personality only - less stable than Delphi 7
(I've logged plenty of IDE crashes with this config and almost none with
the one below)
Delphi 2005 Delphi Win32 personality only - more stable than Delphi 7
Cheers,
Kevin.

Re: Unscientific poll

I also run the application hundreds of times a day. Write
a single sub-routine, run, test, debug (if necessary), and
then move on to the next routine. If Dy takes 5 more
seconds to run the application than Dx, then obviously
Dx is a more productive environment -- for me.
Excellent point.
For me launching delay is not a problem, but opening projects and
switching between form/code is very important.
For now I can not objectively compare between D5 and D2005 cause the last
is not yet in production. But I am sure I will can not go back, just becaus
of good code insight and refactoring!
But I just miss to find some time to upgrade/install all my 3rd parties,
then I will be able to save more time... <g>
Didier