program slowing with use of SQL on paradox

2004-10-04 07:02:32 AM
delphi238
I have seen posts that use of SQL with paradox is slow. I am rewriting
my program using SQL because I get compiler warnings that use of
BookMarks and RecordMarks is unsafe, and some strange things have
happened using these marks. But, it is slower! Is this due to the SQL
with paradox only, and would another local database (used on a LAN) be
more responsive?
Thanks,
David

Re:program slowing with use of SQL on paradox

The slow SQL performance you have read about is a characteristic of
Paradox and comes primarily from Paradox's lack of a query optimizer.
If your application is multiuser you should consider converting to a
database server such as Advantage or DBISAM. You will get increased
reliability and better performance, particularly with SQL.
--
Bill (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email