Form wizards

2004-08-23 04:29:52 PM
delphi143
Hello,
I registered a wizard, which creates a custom form, using following code:
RegisterPackageWizard( TMyFormWizard.Create );
and it works, so it creates a TMyForm descendant with all component I
dropped on TMyForm. But I need also to implement custom published
properties in TMyForm, so I registered it as custom module:
RegisterCustomModule( TMyForm, TCustomModule );
and it works too, so I can see the published propeties of the TMyForm
descendant in the ObjectInspector, BUT now the form DOES NOT contain the
components originally dropped on TMyForm any longer.
Any ideas?
Thanks
--
Andrea Vaccari
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Form wizards

Andrea Vaccari writes:
and it works too, so I can see the published propeties of the TMyForm
descendant in the ObjectInspector, BUT now the form DOES NOT contain the
components originally dropped on TMyForm any longer.
See my hints on creating TForm descendants with new published properties here:
www.gexperts.org/opentools/
Erik

Re:Form wizards

Erik,
See my hints on creating TForm descendants with new published properties here:
www.gexperts.org/opentools/
I did, and I find your hints very interesting, but I couldn't find an
answer to my question
--
Andrea Vaccari
XXXX@XXXXX.COM

Re:Form wizards

Andrea Vaccari writes:
I did, and I find your hints very interesting, but I couldn't find an
answer to my question
It looks to me like the FAQ answers the the question you asked. See the
last paragraph of the "How can I add published properties to a TForm
descendent?" item. Is that not what you need help with?
Erik

Re:Form wizards

Erik,
It looks to me like the FAQ answers the the question you asked. See the
last paragraph of the "How can I add published properties to a TForm
descendent?" item. Is that not what you need help with?
Yes, thanks, that is. In the meanwhile I was informed about that
workaround, but I still hoped there was a better solution. Thanks anyway.
--
Andrea Vaccari
XXXX@XXXXX.COM