Installation keys - how do they work?

2003-11-24 06:06:32 AM
delphi261
Hi,
As the title says: How do program installation keys work? How does a program
check the numerous different keys? it is like having a keyhole into which
1000's of different keys fit?
And I suppose the other side of the coin - according to what algorithm are
the keys generated?
Thanks,
Rael

Re:Installation keys - how do they work?

Wrong newsgroup?
-Rael

Re:Installation keys - how do they work?

Wrong question? :/

Rael writes:
As the title says: How do program installation keys work? How
does a program check the numerous different keys? it is like
having a keyhole into which 1000's of different keys fit?

And I suppose the other side of the coin - according to what
algorithm are the keys generated?
You might ask in thirdpartytools.general - vendors and battle
scarred veterans will at least point you in some useful directions,
I think.
-Brion