Project Manager

2003-09-06 12:21:09 AM
delphi38
List units Alphabetically? Delphi 7.0 Ent.

Re:Project Manager

List units Alphabetically?
Delphi 7.0 Ent.

Re:Project Manager

On 05 Sep 2003, "Greg Rowland" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
List units Alphabetically?
qc.borland.com/wc/wc.exe/details
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:Project Manager

Thanx Mike.
Although the content is not much of an answer, I am just trying to think of
something constructive to add to the QC forum, which is difficult; being
all-alone on a giant project "300+ units" I don't have time for this. I
would like to know who dropped the ball.
Altogether after versions 1-7 this is the biggest disappointment I have seen
other than Delphi 4.0 in general, which is really not a bad batting average
after all is said.
Guess it beats rewriting a bunch of C++ or VB(Visual Basic) just to .net :)
I may try reordering the .DPR just to see how Catastrophic it is. The
project being so large, 99% of the units are created as needed, so actually
it may not be so bad?
Another Delphi evangelist,
Greg Rowland

Re:Project Manager

"Compiler Greg" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
3f58da6a$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I may try reordering the .DPR just to see how Catastrophic it is. The
project being so large, 99% of the units are created as needed, so
actually it may not be so bad?
GExperts can help with this big time, with it is ability to sort selected
lines in the IDE.
www.gexperts.org/
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Project Manager

On 05 Sep 2003, "Compiler Greg" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
I may try reordering the .DPR just to see how Catastrophic it is. The
project being so large, 99% of the units are created as needed, so
actually it may not be so bad?
Well, I doubt you're creating *units* as needed; perhaps *forms*. <g>
Generally the order of units in any uses clause can have two side
effects. The first is a scoping issue. If two units have the same
interfaced procedure or variable the compiler will find one over the
other when referred to by a 3rd unit. Generally this would not be a
problem in the DPR as it usually only refers to unique form variables
and types.
The second issue is the order of unit initialization sections. The
compiler orders such initialization sections based on the order of use.
Changing the order in a uses clause *may* affect the initialization
order. Chances are your initialization order is actually determined by
which units use which other units. However, it is quite dangerous to
write code that relies on a certain initialization order (i.e, code in
one initialization section relies on code in another having been run
already). Note that the initialization sections all run *before* the
first line of the DPR file that starts creating forms.
--
-Mike (TeamB)

Re:Project Manager

"Greg Rowland" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
3f58f977$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Wrong
Select the units in the Code Editor, Search | Replace, find ", *", replace
with ",\n", check Regular Expressions and Selected Text, hit Replace All,
select the units again, GExperts | Editor Experts | Sort Selected Lines.
So how was I wrong?
Cheers,
Ignacio

Re:Project Manager

Greg
I had resorted to cut n paste my units into a text file and then used the
old DOS sort cmd and then pasted them back. Then somebody put me onto
GExperts and it does work. I use it all the time now. Open your source
file, hilite the lines you want sorted, go to GExperts, Editor Experts, Sort
Selected Lines. Look in Project Manager and all your units are now sorted
in alpha order.
Ignacio is not wrong it may be that we don't really understand what you are
trying to do :(
Malcolm

Compiler Greg writes:

Thanx Mike.

Although the content is not much of an answer, I am just trying to think of
something constructive to add to the QC forum, which is difficult; being
all-alone on a giant project "300+ units" I don't have time for this. I
would like to know who dropped the ball.

Both the Unit list and the Form lists are alphabetical and can be either mouse
initiated (through the tool bar) or keystroke brought up through the hot keys.
You can still get an alphabetical listing of your units in D7.
--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line. Just a

Re:Project Manager

Mike,
Quality Central is a good idea. As far as Rating I am not sure I understand.
Bad. Does that mean it is a bad bug?
Excellent. Does that mean it is an excellent bug?

Re:Project Manager

On 06 Sep 2003, "Greg Rowland" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Quality Central is a good idea. As far as Rating I am not sure I
understand. Bad. Does that mean it is a bad bug?
Excellent. Does that mean it is an excellent bug?
Rating is *actually* an indication of how well the bug report is written.
Does it clearly describe the steps required to reproduce the problem? It's
more an indication of the quality of the report itself:
bdn.borland.com/article/0,1410,28497,00.html
--
-Mike

Re:Project Manager

"Greg Rowland" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
List units Alphabetically?

Delphi 7.0 Ent.

There is an Expert on CodeCentral that can sort this for you. Called
Project Manager Sorter.

Re:Project Manager

Hi,
Does anyone know how to sort the units listed in project manager (only, no
mod to .dpr file)? I'd like to create a wizard but the control I found
on project manager is a TTreeControl. Using either TreeView_GetCount or its
Items property showing there is no treenode, perhaps it is incompatible with
a treeview? Any idea?
William

Re:Project Manager

Hi!
Does anyone knows a third party project manager?
I want to be able to sort the files in folders and in alphabetic order.
Like the file manager/project manger (or what it is called) in visual.
Almnost the only thing that I miss in the borland ide.
/simon