Missed the discount :-(

2007-03-17 06:27:59 AM
delphi12
I had assumed the discount was good until 5pm.
John

Re:Missed the discount :-(

"JohnE":
I had assumed the discount was good until 5pm.

The CodeRage site says the discount is available until
11:59 PM Friday March 16 -- which would still leave a
little over 8 hours by my clock.
conferences.codegear.com/coderage07/specialoffer

Re:Missed the discount :-(

I have same problem. Some Codegear websites have a bug. They don't apply
the discount. Send an email to Christine Ellis
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>to see what to do.
Jeff Hamblin writes:
"JohnE":
>I had assumed the discount was good until 5pm.

The CodeRage site says the discount is available until
11:59 PM Friday March 16 -- which would still leave a
little over 8 hours by my clock.
conferences.codegear.com/coderage07/specialoffer

Re:Missed the discount :-(

I tried to use the discount code to no avail.
John
"Jeff Hamblin" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
"JohnE":
>I had assumed the discount was good until 5pm.

The CodeRage site says the discount is available until
11:59 PM Friday March 16 -- which would still leave a
little over 8 hours by my clock.
conferences.codegear.com/coderage07/specialoffer

Re:Missed the discount :-(

I think the behavior of the shopping cart engine is different than had been described. The discount, rather than showing on a line by itself, is immediately reflected in the price of the item. I tried visiting the 'shop' using a different computer, in case cookies played a role. The price for the enterprise upgrade was $1299. After entering the discount code the price dropped to $974.25. On my original PC the price always came up as $974.25 and I think that is because the discount code had been stored as a cookie and was being applied automatically. It doesn't look like the discount applies to Software Assurance.
Phil

Re:Missed the discount :-(

Philip Frank writes:

I think the behavior of the shopping cart engine is different than
had been described. The discount, rather than showing on a line by
itself, is immediately reflected in the price of the item. I tried
visiting the 'shop' using a different computer, in case cookies
played a role. The price for the enterprise upgrade was $1299. After
entering the discount code the price dropped to $974.25. On my
original PC the price always came up as $974.25 and I think that's
because the discount code had been stored as a cookie and was being
applied automatically. It doesn't look like the discount applies to
Software Assurance.

Phil
The behaviour has changed a little in the past few days.
--
Regards,
Bruce McGee