Off Topic: Happy New Year to Delphi and all

2008-01-01 10:29:46 AM
delphi3
I hope that Delphi, the IDE and the Language have a bright future.
I hope that Delphi is going Cross-Platform again (And I do not mean
.NET) but Linux and OSX. Unicode and 64bit.
I'd really like to see a strong Delphi again.
It's interesting how many people in this forum have become "Linux
eperts" in the last months. This was not the case in the Kylix days.
Even Freepascal and Lazarus are no longer laughed down in this forum.

Re:Off Topic: Happy New Year to Delphi and all

"theo" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:4779a5b2$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
I hope that Delphi, the IDE and the Language have a bright future.
I hope that Delphi is going Cross-Platform again (And I do not mean
.NET) but Linux and OSX. Unicode and 64bit.
I'd really like to see a strong Delphi again.
It's interesting how many people in this forum have become "Linux
eperts" in the last months. This was not the case in the Kylix days.
Even Freepascal and Lazarus are no longer laughed down in this forum.
There are fewer Linux experts in this forum than there were back in the
days before Kylix. Who is going to pay for all this stuff you are asking for?