Re: Delphi SA ~ Additional Info !

2005-09-17 09:58:19 PM
delphi151
"Jeff Overcash (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
This correction from 20% to 30% happened quite a while ago (~10 months
ago).
This is not something new and it is not something many people will even
notice
because most people who have SA bought it when it was 30% and not 20%.

When I first saw the price increase I could not redily find the original
renewal quote. I went back to my credit card statement to verify the price,
which was $1289. Since others remembered the 20% during this time frame,
and one poster said he thought Borland advertised the 20% as an ongoing
percentage, I went back and did a more through search of my e-mails and low
and behold, the quote terms I was supplied in 2004 seem to backup the idea
that it is 20% then and should be now.
This text is boldly printed on the quote and similar language is in the
T/Cs.
**PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ELECT THE OPTION OF RENEWING YOUR SUPPORT
CONTRACT AT THE END OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED RENEWAL TERM, THE RENEWAL RATE
SHALL BE 20% OF THE THEN-CURRENT LIST PRICE OF LICENSES AT THE TIME OF THE
RENEWAL WITH THE CONDITION THAT ALL REQUIREMENTS OF THE THEN-CURRENT SUPPORT
OFFERINGS ARE MET.
It appears to me to clearly state renewing customers with SA
agreements which have not lapsed, should maintain the 20% pricing. I will
pursue this with Borland on Monday. Also to be clear, the 2004 renewal was
$600 per copy, for a total of $1200. The $89 was sales tax.
Mark

Mark G. Zeringue writes:

This text is boldly printed on the quote and similar language is in
the T/Cs.

**PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ELECT THE OPTION OF RENEWING YOUR SUPPORT
CONTRACT AT THE END OF THE ABOVE-MENTIONED RENEWAL TERM, THE RENEWAL
RATE SHALL BE 20% OF THE THEN-CURRENT LIST PRICE OF LICENSES AT THE
TIME OF THE RENEWAL WITH THE CONDITION THAT ALL REQUIREMENTS OF THE
THEN-CURRENT SUPPORT OFFERINGS ARE MET.
If this is part of the agreement you have then I agree you should pursue it.
My opinion is Borland needs to honor this for at least this renewal, but can
reasonably, as part of the renewal, drop this clause or update it to reflect
the new price you would have to pay for the next term - i.e. they are not
bound in perpetuity.
Light is faster than sound, which is why some folks appear bright
before they speak.

Mark G. Zeringue writes:
It appears to me to clearly state renewing customers with SA
agreements which have not lapsed, should maintain the 20% pricing. I
will pursue this with Borland on Monday. Also to be clear, the 2004
renewal was $600 per copy, for a total of $1200. The $89 was sales tax.
Have you had any success following up on this yet?
--
Brion

Re: Delphi SA ~ Additional Info !

"Brion L. Webster" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Have you had any success following up on this yet?

Yes, Borland honored their 20% commitment. They have provided a quote for
one year and one for 3 years (at my request). I will likely choose the 3
year option as it keeps the priced fixed $4188 for a total of 3 years and 2
Delphi Arch versions. The alternative is a single year for two at $698
each.
Mark