question for the Indy Http client

2004-12-16 05:27:45 PM
delphi142
Dear all,
I need to send a http request to my web application, for example,
http://david:7003/ivrwo/create.jsp?client=ABC&user=CHRIS
so I use the TIdHttp, and I used the following codes to send the request:
IDHttp1.DoRequest(hmPost,
'http://david:7003/ivrwo/create.jsp?client=ABC&user=CHRIS', nil, nil)
but I got the Socket Error # 10061, Connection refused
I don't know where the problem is, and actually I don't quite understand how
to use the component.
could someone share some experience with me? thanks in advance
kind regards
David

Re:question for the Indy Http client

"David" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
I need to send a http request to my web application, for example,
http://david:7003/ivrwo/create.jsp?client=ABC&user=CHRIS

so I use the TIdHttp, and I used the following codes to send the request:
Your code is wrong. It should be this instead:
IdHTTP1.Get('http://david:7003/ivrwo/create.jsp?client=ABC&user=CHRIS');
but I got the Socket Error # 10061, Connection refused
You are trying to connect to a server that is not actually running. Either
"david" is not a valid host name, or else the server is not listening on
port 7003.
Gambit