JPEG source code please

Could someone please send me JPG pascal source code or point me to a site
where I can get it.

Thanx.

Clive
cmca...@icl.co.za

Re:JPEG source code please

In <4s51pv$...@hermes.is.co.za>, cmca...@icl.co.za (C.McAdam) writes:

>Could someone please send me JPG pascal source code or point me to a site
>where I can get it.

>Thanx.

 I've sent an answer to a similar question few days ago, but it doesn't matter...
:-)

 I know about two possibilities for you:
1) Download the _C_ source code for JPEG6a (which is free and can be found
e.g. on SIMTEL and its mirrors, probably in msdos/graphics - not quite sure
now).
2) Buy the _TP_ (partly ASM) sources for JPEG decompression from Oliver
Fromme, author of QPV/386 (Quick Picture Viewer) - it's really _fast_. This
program (and thus the contact to the author) can be found on SIMTEL and its
mirrors in msdos/graphics/qpv17?.zip.

                       Best regards

                                  Tomas Hajny, XHaj...@mbox.vol.cz on Internet

Re:JPEG source code please

In article <4sdrrt$...@ns.felk.cvut.cz> ps-a...@login.cz writes:
>[...]
>2) Buy the _TP_ (partly ASM) sources for JPEG decompression from Oliver
>Fromme, author of QPV/386 (Quick Picture Viewer) - it's really _fast_. This
>program (and thus the contact to the author) can be found on SIMTEL and its
>mirrors in msdos/graphics/qpv17?.zip.

I'm slightly curious about this package.  When somebody mentions it, I
always hear, "But it's *fast*."  So how does it perform in terms of quality
and image reproduction?  I never hear that mentioned.

--
Scott Earnest          | We now return you to our regularly scheduled |
siny...@{*word*104}space.org | chaos and mayhem. . . .                      |

Re:JPEG source code please

In <sinykal.557.0002A...@{*word*104}space.org>, siny...@{*word*104}space.org (Scott Earnest) writes:

>In article <4sdrrt$...@ns.felk.cvut.cz> ps-a...@login.cz writes:

>>[...]
>>2) Buy the _TP_ (partly ASM) sources for JPEG decompression from Oliver
>>Fromme, author of QPV/386 (Quick Picture Viewer) - it's really _fast_. This
>>program (and thus the contact to the author) can be found on SIMTEL and its
>>mirrors in msdos/graphics/qpv17?.zip.

>I'm slightly curious about this package.  When somebody mentions it, I
>always hear, "But it's *fast*."  So how does it perform in terms of quality
>and image reproduction?  I never hear that mentioned.

 I would suggest you to get QPV (address mentioned above) and try it - it's
been written using that source code.

                         Have a nice day

                                   Tomas Hajny, XHaj...@mbox.vol.cz on Internet

Other Threads