Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

2005-05-24 12:27:12 AM
delphi158
Is there an easy way to convert a VB(Visual Basic) app to Delphi?
-Shaq

Re:Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

What is the Delphi equivalent to VBs &H1? Is &H1 a hex number?
-Shaq
"Shaq" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Is there an easy way to convert a VB(Visual Basic) app to Delphi?

-Shaq

Re:Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

What is the Delphi equivalent to VBs &H1? Is &H1 a hex number?
Yes:
msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp
/html/vbconcodebasics.asp
(tinyurl.com/be97f)
In Delphi that would be $1 (though of course just 1 is the same).

Re:Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

Can someone help convert the following VB(Visual Basic) function to delphi? It is a vb
dll which I need to call.
Declare Function SM_BSP_VerifyMatch Lib "VB_BioAPI.dll"
(ByRef BirPTR As Any, ByRef BirPTR2 As Any, ByVal MaxFAR As Long, _
ByVal MaxFRR As Long, ByRef Result As Integer) As Long
This is what I came up with and I am not sure how close it is.
function SM_BSP_VerifyMatch(var BirPTR: Variant; var BirPTR2: Variant;
const MaxFAR: DWORD; const MaxFRR: DWORD; var rResult: DWORD): DWORD;
external 'VB_BioAPI.dll';
-Shaq
"Shaq" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Is there an easy way to convert a VB(Visual Basic) app to Delphi?

-Shaq

Re:Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

Is there an easy way to convert a VB(Visual Basic) app to Delphi?
www.softwaremomentum.com/delphioverdrive.htm
I haven't used it
Julio

Re:Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

Nice movement, Good for you :)

Re:Convert VB(Visual Basic) to Delphi

Its a very small application to convert. it is actually a demo program for a
sdk which is written in vb. I can not seem to convert the code to delphi so
hopefully this will give me a point to start.
If not then I guess I will just have to hire somebody to convert it for me.
-Shaq
"Julio C. Saucedo Montenegro" <"juliosaucedo[at]gmail.com">writes