Error: "Cursor is not open"

I'm trying to call a stored procedure from TQuery, but I got an error
message saying "cursor is not open".  What's wrong?

By the way, the stored procedure is tested and is working using MS
Enterprise Manager.

My configuration:  Delphi4(service pack 2?), win95, and the database server
is MS SQL7.

Thanks.

Wooi.

Re:Error: "Cursor is not open"

Are you sure you opened your cursor in stored procedure?

i.e.

declare ccursor cursor for
    select .......

open ccursor

close ccursor
deallocate ccursor.

In Enterprise Manager the stored procedure without open statement still
compile.  However, at the runtime it give you error.

Earl.

Wooi K <chk...@mail.usask.ca> wrote in message

> I'm trying to call a stored procedure from TQuery, but I got an error
> message saying "cursor is not open".  What's wrong?

> By the way, the stored procedure is tested and is working using MS
> Enterprise Manager.

> My configuration:  Delphi4(service pack 2?), win95, and the database
server
> is MS SQL7.

> Thanks.

> Wooi.

Re:Error: "Cursor is not open"

thank you for your comment.

the problem is with the trigger.  Solved it.
thanks.
wooi.

Earl Park <earlp...@home.com> wrote in message

> Are you sure you opened your cursor in stored procedure?

> i.e.

> declare ccursor cursor for
>     select .......

> open ccursor

> close ccursor
> deallocate ccursor.

> In Enterprise Manager the stored procedure without open statement still
> compile.  However, at the runtime it give you error.

> Earl.

> Wooi K <chk...@mail.usask.ca> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to call a stored procedure from TQuery, but I got an error
> > message saying "cursor is not open".  What's wrong?

> > By the way, the stored procedure is tested and is working using MS
> > Enterprise Manager.

> > My configuration:  Delphi4(service pack 2?), win95, and the database
> server
> > is MS SQL7.

> > Thanks.

> > Wooi.