3g video calls

2006-03-05 08:36:04 PM
delphi3
Any experience with 3g. Is there a way to intiate calls from a delphi app to
3g video calls then record the video.
Or maybe retrive video mail via an app?
Any info appreciated
SteveW

Re:3g video calls

<<Any experience with 3g. Is there a way to intiate calls from a delphi app
3g video calls then record the video.
Or maybe retrive video mail via an app?
3gpp is an MPEG4 codec with audio available via RTSP
3gpp can be consumed by an RTSP client like Real Player which is available
on desktop,pocketPC and cell phone phone platforms
To create an RTSP 3gpp server we have a component that can be used in Delphi
www.astatech.com/news/200508/20050814.asp
On another note, we also plan to support Video via SIP as an add on to our
ASTA SIP Audio product, later this spring
www.astatech.com/products/voip/
--
Steve Garland XXXX@XXXXX.COM
ASTA SIP - VoIP for .NET and Delphi- Winforms and Compact Framework

Re:3g video calls

Escuse my ignorance but does the component allows connections to 3g phones
or allow me to serve the video files
Cheers SteveW
"Steve Garland" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
[...]

video phones connect to the RTSP server to receive 3g stream (can be live
video also)
--
Steve Garland XXXX@XXXXX.COM
ASTA SIP - VoIP for .NET and Delphi- Winforms and Compact Framework
(PocketPC)
SkyWire Video - RTSP Video with 3gpp to Cell Phones , PocketPC and Palm
ASTA Technology Group www.astaskywire.com / www.astatech.com

Re:3g video calls

Can the RTSP sever be complied to run on Pocket PC.?
"Steve Garland" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<<Escuse my ignorance but does the component allows connections to 3g
phones
or allow me to serve the video files

video phones connect to the RTSP server to receive 3g stream (can be live
video also)

--
Steve Garland XXXX@XXXXX.COM
ASTA SIP - VoIP for .NET and Delphi- Winforms and Compact Framework
(PocketPC)
SkyWire Video - RTSP Video with 3gpp to Cell Phones , PocketPC and Palm
ASTA Technology Group www.astaskywire.com / www.astatech.com

Re:3g video calls

>Can the RTSP sever be complied to run on Pocket PC.?
no it is win32 only
so you want to run a server on a pocketPC?
encoding Video is very CPU intensive , we have done mpeg4 encoding on
pocketPC using a Flycam camera to capture but it was very resource
intensive. we had better luck with h263 encoding on pocketPC
if you want to capture video on pocketPC and encode and push it out we have
done that using our skywire video SDK to push it out to what we call remote
channel servers. then other users connect to a remote server and get the
video fed from pocketPC's
we can do this kind of work as contract work if you are interested but don't
have anything "out of the box" to encode and push from pocketPC
www.astaskywire.com/products/skywirevideo/SkyWirePdaCameras.asp