Re: Anyone suggest XML component that does this?

2006-08-24 01:36:13 AM
delphi206
Matthew,
| The support is excellent too - even before I bought it
| I was doing some testing to compare it with the Turbopower
| XMLPartner, and NativeXML was much faster in every area except one,
| so I asked about that and had an improved version sent back within a
| day to ask it that made it better (and it did). Superb speed in every
| way now, and all built-in to my apps.
The web site hasn't been updated for about a year. D2005 is the last
Delphi compatibility reference. Do you happen to know if it works with
D2006?
08/23/2006 10:34:45
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Anyone suggest XML component that does this?

I'd be very surprised if it didn't - it is a single unit. Lack of change
implies stability - XML hasn't changed a lot either.
/Matthew Jones/

Re: Anyone suggest XML component that does this?

Matthew,
| I would be very surprised if it didn't - it is a single unit. Lack of
| change implies stability - XML hasn't changed a lot either.
I guess I will go ahead and give it a try.
Thanks.
08/23/2006 11:51:30
XanaNews Version 1.17.5.7 [Q's salutation mod]

Re: Anyone suggest XML component that does this?

The web site hasn't been updated for about a year. D2005 is the last
Delphi compatibility reference. Do you happen to know if it works with
D2006?
Hi, I am the writer of NativeXml. There has been one beta-update through the
forum in the meantime. However, it just mostly works and "never change a
winning team" :)
Critical bugs are certainly fixed, although I must admit I am a bit short on
time because I have a lot of {*word*137} projects going on at this moment.
NativeXml certainly works with D2006. Also, a lot of users are using it in
C++Builder.
www.simdesign.nl/xml.html
Kind regards,
Nils Haeck
www.simdesign.nl

Nils Haeck writes:
Hi, I am the writer of NativeXml. There has been one beta-update
through the forum in the meantime. However, it just mostly works and
"never change a winning team" :)
Is there any chance that some time in the future they will include an
XPath parser? I am a user of the components and they are brilliant
(and really fast) but I keep wanting to do XPath queries.
BTW: I changed some code from XmlPartner to NativeXml and got a few
fold increase in speed.
Thanks
Dean

Re: Anyone suggest XML component that does this?

Hi Dean,
Currently, NativeXml's architecture is not suitable for XPath. I am
pondering on creating an even faster version, specifically geared towards
speed of parsing UTF8 XML files (this is the majority), using faster string
search functions.
In that new version I will also change the architecture, so that XPath, and
XML transforms are more easy to implement.
I am not sure when I will have time for this though.
Kind regards,
Nils Haeck
www.simdesign.nl

Re: Anyone suggest XML component that does this?

Currently, NativeXml's architecture is not suitable for XPath. I am
pondering on creating an even faster version, specifically geared towards
speed of parsing UTF8 XML files (this is the majority), using faster
string
search functions.
In that new version I will also change the architecture, so that XPath,
and
XML transforms are more easy to implement.
1. Write initial XML file with all the version/encoding lines?
2. Write a new person record?
3. Find a person record via id and read field values?
4. Update a specific child node via id value e.g.firstname?
Does the lack of XPath mean NativeXML is not suitable for my needs? There
will be a lot of finding the XML record and then updating?
TIA

<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Does the lack of XPath mean NativeXML is not suitable for my needs?
There will be a lot of finding the XML record and then updating?
No, not at all. I use it for that all the time. XPath is nice when
you want to build generic queries. For example:
/Record/Person[@Name='Dean']
will return all of the Person nodes that have an attribute of Name with
a value of dean. You can have or's etc as queries.
With NativeXml, you would use code to find the node in question.
Something like:
xmlRecord.NodeByAttributeValue('Person','Name','Dean',True)
Cheers
Dean

Nils Haeck writes:
In that new version I will also change the architecture, so that
XPath, and XML transforms are more easy to implement.

I am not sure when I will have time for this though.
Thanks for the feedback.
Cheers
Dean