Access violation problem...

Hello,

Have you been able to successfully use the OCXs in another language the same
way you do in your Delphi program? I'd suggest making sure if its a problem
with Delphi, the OCX, or the terminal emulation package itself.

have fun,
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

lay wrote in message <35A2CAA0.1AB42...@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>...
>Subject:
>             Access violation problem!
>        Date:
>             Tue, 07 Jul 1998 15:03:28 +0800
>       From:
>             lay <lia...@mbox2.singnet.com.sg>
> Newsgroups:
>             borland.public.delphi.oleautomation

>I found the previous message I sent Yesterday was a bit too long
>(including source code). Now I removed the source code, so the
>downloading will be faster.

>Your help is very much appreciated.

>Sincere Thanks.
>lia...@mbox2.singnet.com.sg

>We developed a program using Delphi 3 and it runs under the Windows 95
>environment.
>We used the Attachmates Extra! Terminal emulation package to
>communicate with IBM mainframe (CICS).
>Attachmate QuickApp Active X controls are imported as components to
>perform navigation of IBM mainframe transactions.
>These controls exist in the Qaocx32.ocx file. Other than that, QuickAPI
>(Qapicm32.dll) is also used by the program for
>sending & receiving information between IBM mainframe and PC (e.g. using
>the API functions: QAPIFieldCopy,
>QAPIDataSendWithWait, etc.)

>Scenario

>The program loops through mainframe transactions to capture information
>and/or send commands to the mainframe. After the
>program run for some time, the following message is prompted.

>"access violation at 0xbff710e7: write of address 0x453eac F3 A4 5F 5E
>59 C9 C2 0C 00 55 8B EC"

>It seems that this problem happens during the API calls (to send
>information to Mainframe), we dont understand why this only
>happens after the program runs through many transactions successfully,
>and then failed.

>How should we diagnose this problem? thanks

Re:Access violation problem...

Subject:
             Access violation problem!
        Date:
[...]