grant on all tables

Sorry if this question is so stupid: is it possible to grant some
priviledges on *all tables* in a database to a user ?

Right now I must use multiple grant commands, each command for each table.

Thanks,

Vu

Re:grant on all tables

You mean something like "GRANT ALL ON * TO PHAM". I'm affraid noy. But you
can use some GUI front end to simplify your task.

--
Sergio Samayoa
Lgica Software

Re:grant on all tables

Creating a role and granting access to that role and then granting
membership to users can greatly simplify the admin effort. Whene the user
logs on, he must specify the role along with his userid and password.

HTH
Bill

"Vu Pham" <v...@sivell.com> wrote in message news:3c28a360_2@dnews...
> Sorry if this question is so stupid: is it possible to grant some
> priviledges on *all tables* in a database to a user ?

> Right now I must use multiple grant commands, each command for each table.

> Thanks,

> Vu

Other Threads