Goodbye

2007-07-11 12:41:44 AM
delphi45
Have been using Delphi since version 1 and latest version bought was Delphi
2007.
I need to migrate to Vista. I have been trying for more than a month now on 3
different machines without luck to get Delphi 2007 running on Vista
business.
I've asked Codegear support, they have suggested a few things, but the last
2 weeks I haven't heard anything anymore...
I find it very frustrating that I can not use Delphi 2007 on Vista, it's
working fine on Windows XP, especially as this product is supposed to work
on Vista.
One other person in this newsgroup had a similar problem and was able to fix
it by installing Delphi 7 side by side to Delphi 2007!
So after a month of losing time that I could use for other things, I've
decised to go for VS 2005 for new projects and investing a large amount of
money in switching subscriptions including DevExpress, RemObjects, Vista Db.
I think Codegear is on the right track with the current evolution, but it's
too late and too little.
So goodbye Delphi, you've been good to me.
Dominique.

Re:Goodbye

What is your case number?
Bernaert Dominique writes:
[...]

HI. This is a very sad message.
I have been using VS for several years, and really it is not as good to use.
I have had some major complaints against Borland in the past, and in
particular their licensing stance. Just giving me 2 interbase licenses to
work with for example. I have always had a major issue with the quality of
thier code, and that generally nothing is ever finished. Also, getting
recognition of Bugs has been terrible. Their product has never been properly
priced iether.
However: Even though MS look like Gods from the outside, it is like changing
wifes. You trade in one set of problems for a different set of problems.
After several years in VS, my feeling is that it takes me 10X to write code
that runs at X/10. I am a very dissolusioned .NYET developer now, and wish
like hell I had stayed with Delphi 32.
Take care.
Tony
"Bernaert Dominique" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

Tony Blomfield writes:

After several years in VS, my feeling is that it takes me 10X to
write code that runs at X/10. I am a very dissolusioned .NYET
developer now, and wish like hell I had stayed with Delphi 32.
It's not too late to come back. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:Goodbye

Tony Blomfield schreef:
After several years in VS, my feeling is that it takes me 10X to write code
that runs at X/10.
Using .Net 2.0 and generics for some time now has given me the feeling
that I need much less lines of code, and that I can usually get the same
or better execution speed.
Danny
---

Re:Goodbye

Bernaert Dominique writes:
So goodbye Delphi, you've been good to me.

Dominique.
Dominque,
Have you tried running Delphi as Administrator?
Sam