Language translation tools- Spanish and French

2005-08-02 04:47:47 AM
delphi179
We are using Delphi 7, dbisam databases and reportbuilder reports to create
our software. We would like to add language support for French and Spanish.
Any recommendations on components to look at/try? Are there any components
that not only translate, but also resize fonts, etc. in order to get the
text to fit on the screen? Or is that something we need to do manually? We
have quite a few input areas, so manually resizing would take some time.
Thank you for your time,
Amber

Re:Language translation tools- Spanish and French

There's a translation newsgroup that will give more info, but my advice is
to try all of the tools, examine their benefits and drawbacks, consider
carefully what really you want to do, and then choose. Me, I chose the
TsiLang components at www.tsilang.com/
/Matthew Jones/

Re:Language translation tools- Spanish and French

Thanks, that sounds good. Take care.
Amber
"Matthew Jones" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
There's a translation newsgroup that will give more info, but my advice is
to try all of the tools, examine their benefits and drawbacks, consider
carefully what really you want to do, and then choose. Me, I chose the
TsiLang components at www.tsilang.com/

/Matthew Jones/

Re:Language translation tools- Spanish and French

If you need to scan source files for hard coded strings + convert them to resourcestrings:
ModelMaker Code Explorer has a wide range of utiities for that.
Check www.modelmakertools.com/articles/hard-coded-strings.html
Gerrit Beuze
ModelMaker Tools
We are using Delphi 7, dbisam databases and reportbuilder reports to create
our software. We would like to add language support for French and Spanish.
Any recommendations on components to look at/try?

Re:Language translation tools- Spanish and French

Thanks, that sounds good.
Korzh localiser is another product to include in your eval, also there is a
free/open source one, I think it is called dbGetText IIRC.
If you have lots of money, Multilizer, if you have D2005, then there is one
built in to Delphi.
<<
Are there any components that not only translate, but also resize fonts,
etc. in order to get the text to fit on the screen? Or is that something we
need to do manually?

I think you need to do the resizing of fonts, buttons, etc manually, for
obvious reasons (you want to make your own decisions about how to move
things about and handle conflicts that arise).
HTH
Lauchlan M