Animation of the creation of a new form?

2005-03-21 10:46:46 AM
delphi94
Hi all,
I'm after a component that similates a form "growing" from
another form.
Similar to the way flash or DHTML menu systems on websites work,
but I would like to have it work at the form level.
Basically I have a image button, that when clicked, I would like to
slide sub-menu options.
I hope this makes sense?
I could do this myself "in theory", by saving an snapshot of the
form into an bitmap, then running through a for loop and display
the image one pixel row at a time with the illusion that the
image "grows" from the side of the menu button. Then when this is
finished (ie the image is fully displayed) I could then get rid
of the image and display the form underneath? But I thought I'd
check to see if someone else has done something similar, rather
than reinventing the wheel.
Cheers,
jason.

Re:Animation of the creation of a new form?

In article <423e3596$XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, Jason writes:
I'm after a component that similates a form "growing" from
another form.

Similar to the way flash or DHTML menu systems on websites work,
but I would like to have it work at the form level.

Basically I have a image button, that when clicked, I would like to
slide sub-menu options.

Perhaps you can achieve the effect you are after using the
AnimateWindow API function. See msdn.microsoft.com for the
documentation.
Peter Below (TeamB)
Use the newsgroup archives :
www.mers.com/searchsite.html
www.tamaracka.com/search.htm
groups.google.com
www.prolix.be

Re:Animation of the creation of a new form?

Hi Jason,
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you can try
Billenium Effects (shareware) at www.billeniumsoft.com
Regards,
Francisco Sanchez
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.billeniumsoft.com

Re:Animation of the creation of a new form?

Hi, Francisco
I found there is one feature in your TFormContainer that is so annoying:
raise unneccessary message. e.g. when the form is not set to bsNone. why
don't you just turn it to bsNone rather than raising such message??, some
times the forms can either be a standalone form or an embedded form or both.
William

Billenium Effects (shareware) at www.billeniumsoft.com

Regards,
Francisco Sanchez
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.billeniumsoft.com

Re:Animation of the creation of a new form?

Hi,
In article <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>, XXXX@XXXXX.COM says...
I found there is one feature in your TFormContainer that is so annoying:
raise unneccessary message. e.g. when the form is not set to bsNone. why
don't you just turn it to bsNone rather than raising such message??
When you change the BorderStyle property the window's handle is
recreated, as well as its child controls. That can lead to some unwanted
side effects.
some times the forms can either be a standalone form or an embedded
form or both.
You could inherit a new form and set that property at design time. No
code needs to be changed.
Regards,
Francisco Sanchez
XXXX@XXXXX.COM
www.billeniumsoft.com

Re:Animation of the creation of a new form?

OK. Got it.