Connection to MySQL breaks down

2005-04-06 06:46:53 PM
delphi197
I am using Delphi 7 Pro to connect to MySQL 4.1 (or 5) on FreeBSD with
dbexpmysql.dll (newest release). The connection is often lost after
executing some amount (tens, hundreds) of sql queries. Then I have to wait
for a few seconds or even minutes before the MySQL allows me to connect
again.
This does not happen with the Windows version of MySQL.
Has anybody met with this issue? Can it be something with MySQL settings?
Petr

Re:Connection to MySQL breaks down

AFAIK there is no dbExpress driver for MySQL 4.1 yet.
--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

Re:Connection to MySQL breaks down

Thank you, but I have tested it on MySQL 4.0.24 with the same result. If I
set KeepConnection to True and make a lot of succesive SQL queries following
error occurs:
dbExpress Error: [0x000C] Invalid Username/Password
SQL Server Error: can not connect to MySQL server
Then after a few moments (ten second or so) the application is able to
connect again.
The app runs with Windows version of MySQL (regardless of MySQL release)
fine.
Petr
"Bill Todd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
AFAIK there is no dbExpress driver for MySQL 4.1 yet.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

Re:Connection to MySQL breaks down

this sounds suspiciously like QC1074
which borland has claimed it has fixed twice now,
(and closed twice) -yet as of Delphi 7 (with patches)
still has problems.
go read 1074's post and comment thread @ QC
or
google borland.public.delphi.database.dbexpress for 1074
or
google borland.public.delphi.database.dbexpress for ross davis,
who really deserves credit for finding and championing this bug
...and pull up a chair. there is alot to read.
hth!
paladin
"Petr Simicek" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:4253fb55$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...