Borland BDE and Paradox BDE

2004-05-21 01:19:59 AM
delphi238
Will those above be able to coexist??
--
Best regards
Jorn Johanesson
visit apimo.dk for beekeeping software
and other beekeeping stuff.

Re:Borland BDE and Paradox BDE

I seem to recall that some Corel distributions had curious buggy
installation routines that made their BDE less than satisfactory. Perhaps
that is the problem alluded to.
Andrew
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
There is only one BDE and it is produced by Borland. Corel distributes
the Borland BDE with Paradox for Windows.

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:Borland BDE and Paradox BDE

I seem to recall that some Corel distributions had curious buggy
installation routines that made their BDE less than satisfactory.
Perhaps
that is the problem alluded to.
Yes, I believe installing WP 7 Pro Suite, or installing Paradox 8 (either
stand-alone or as part of the suite), if the BDE was already installed,
the installer would install a second copy of the BDE to a different
directory, and write some conflicting Registry keys.
Installing the BDE with a Borland program, or any "well-behaved"
installer, should always keep the BDE in the same directory it is already
in, and update files as needed.
Rick Carter
XXXX@XXXXX.COM