slashdot?

2006-11-21 11:40:19 PM
delphi86
Strange, CodeGear announcement hasn't made it to /. Someone with an
account might want to submit the story.

Re:slashdot?

"ckd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Strange, CodeGear announcement hasn't made it to /. Someone with an
account might want to submit the story.
Suprisingly its not on Joel-On-Software either. There's a mention on
RegDeveloper and that is about it.
Best,
Dave

Re:slashdot?

Move along folks, nothing to see, more along.
Edwin
"Dave Moore" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"ckd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Strange, CodeGear announcement hasn't made it to /. Someone with an
>account might want to submit the story.

Suprisingly its not on Joel-On-Software either. There's a mention on
RegDeveloper and that is about it.

Best,
Dave

Re:slashdot?

"ckd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
Strange, CodeGear announcement hasn't made it to /. Someone with an
account might want to submit the story.
I submited this history twice (I have 2 accounts). It got rejected twice.
Too little MS bashing in the originalstory, I guess.

Re:slashdot?

"Ulf H" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes

"ckd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
>Strange, CodeGear announcement hasn't made it to /. Someone with an
>account might want to submit the story.

I submited this history twice (I have 2 accounts). It got rejected twice.
Too little MS bashing in the originalstory, I guess.
If Codegear announced that the next version of Delphi used C and Vi, it
would be all over Slashdot.
Or am I being too cynical?
Best,
D.

Re:slashdot?

If Codegear announced that the next version of Delphi used C and Vi, it
would be all over Slashdot.

Or am I being too cynical?
Well I wouldn't mind vi options in the IDE. If the Brief people can have
it, why can not a {*word*109} editor have it?
Oliver Townshend

Re:slashdot?

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 10:48:37 -0000, "Dave Moore"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

If Codegear announced that the next version of Delphi used C and Vi, it
would be all over Slashdot.

Or am I being too cynical?

Best,
D.

You're being too cynical. I think all of the major Borland news has
been on /. in the past.
-ckd

Re:slashdot?

"ckd" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

>If Codegear announced that the next version of Delphi used C and Vi, it
>would be all over Slashdot.
>
>Or am I being too cynical?
>
>Best,
>D.

You're being too cynical.
I'mn British. Therefore your sentence does not compute :-)
I think all of the major Borland news has
been on /. in the past.

-ckd
And from what I remember of Slashdot, it got shot down in flames because
Borland didn't immediately
a) opensource everything
b) convert it to work on some obscure Flavour-of-the-Day Linux Variant
c) convert it to the language-du-jour (at the moment Ruby)
d) convert it to use ANSI C with all the easy wonderful language features
(like string concatenation) taken out because everyone knows real
programmers do everything in binary with punch cards.
Again, maybe I am being too cynical? Or has Slashdot changed for the better
since then?
Best,
D.

Re:slashdot?

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 11:14:36 -0000, "Dave Moore"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:

Again, maybe I am being too cynical? Or has Slashdot changed for the better
since then?

There's always been the usual number of anti-pascal biggots but there
have also always been a good number of people sticking up for Delphi
with some really positive comments. As for /., I think a lot of
readers are old time programmers from the Turbo days so Borland news
in general has usually been posted. I think the absence of this news
is conspicuous, in other words.
-ckd.