Help with printer{*word*154} up app'

Hi,

    I've just included printing in one of my app's which is something I haven't
done before.

     The printing works fine,  (I stretch draw  a scaled metafile) but the
application becomes almost 'frozen' while the print job is printing. I've put
Application.ProcessMessages in but it makes little difference. Other commercial
applications don't suffer this,  at least not to the extent that mine does so
presumably I'm doing something wrong.

ex
Printer.BeginDoc;
Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(rect,emf);
Printer.EndDoc;

Q How can I get round this, how do other people get round this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Gordon

_______-

http://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/

Re:Help with printer{*word*154} up app'

In article <19990226121824.26707.00000...@ngol04.aol.com>, gwhit41...@aol.com

(GWhit41980) writes:
>Hi,

>    I've just included printing in one of my app's which is something I
>haven't
>done before.

>     The printing works fine,  (I stretch draw  a scaled metafile) but the
>application becomes almost 'frozen' while the print job is printing. I've put
>Application.ProcessMessages in but it makes little difference. Other
>commercial
>applications don't suffer this,  at least not to the extent that mine does so
>presumably I'm doing something wrong.

>ex
>Printer.BeginDoc;
>Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(rect,emf);
>Printer.EndDoc;

>Q How can I get round this, how do other people get round this?

>Any help greatly appreciated.

>Gordon

Resolved with Application.OnIdle. The app' still falters a bit but it's quite
usable.

Sorry if anyone is in the process of replying.

Gordon.

http://members.aol.com/gwhit41980/

Other Threads