Full Update 2 in zipped download file

2007-08-16 02:40:30 AM
delphi41
Hi,
When, if at all, can we expect the full update 2 to Delphi 2007 in a zipped
downloadable file? The first update was available in this way and worked
quite good.
If it will be made available, does this "did not save cache" problem also
applies when updating using the full update? If so, I don't really
understand why, because everything will be in the zipped file, so what would
the cache need to be available?
Best regards,
Fons

Re:Full Update 2 in zipped download file

I asked for that earlier and Nick confirmed that it would be available in a
few days. With the coming of update #3 though, I aam not sure anymore.
"Fons Neelen" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>schreef in bericht

When, if at all, can we expect the full update 2 to Delphi 2007 in a zipped
downloadable file? The first update was available in this way and worked
quite good.

If it will be made available, does this "did not save cache" problem also
applies when updating using the full update? If so, I don't really
understand why, because everything will be in the zipped file, so what
would the cache need to be available?

Best regards,
Fons

Re:Full Update 2 in zipped download file

Hi Jennifer-Ashley
I asked for that earlier and Nick confirmed that it would be available in a
few days. With the coming of update #3 though, I aam not sure anymore.
Thanks for the info. Hope that Nick can shed some light on it and also could
answer if the zipped update has the same "don't have cache" problem when
updating...
Fons

Re:Full Update 2 in zipped download file

Thanks for the info. Hope that Nick can shed some light on it and also
could answer if the zipped update has the same "don't have cache" problem
when updating...
Don't suffer. The Update 2 is quite a worthless update.

Donald Smith writes:

Don't suffer. The Update 2 is quite a worthless update.
Not for C++Builder customers. For Delphi customers, there is limited
advantage.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear

Re:Full Update 2 in zipped download file

On Aug 16, 7:26 am, "Nick Hodges (CodeGear)"
<XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes:
Donald Smith writes:

>Don't suffer. The Update 2 is quite a worthless update.

Not for C++Builder customers. For Delphi customers, there is limited
advantage.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGearblogs.codegear.com/nickhodges
Ironically, I have found Zipped Updates for Delphi 2007 in Chinese warez
sites. Looks like CG has to play catch-up to the pirates now... ;-)

Donald Smith writes:
>Don't suffer. The Update 2 is quite a worthless update.
Not for C++Builder customers. For Delphi customers, there is limited
advantage.
Ain't we on a Delphi newsgroup? :)
Alan.

Alan Garny writes:

Ain't we on a Delphi newsgroup? :)
We are, but he didn't qualify his statement. ;-)
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Product Manager - CodeGear
blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges

Re:Full Update 2 in zipped download file

"Alan Garny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:46c38247$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
Ain't we on a Delphi newsgroup? :)
Is C++ still a free ad-on to Delphi, or was it separated into its own product line again?

James Miller writes:
"Alan Garny" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:46c38247$XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
>Ain't we on a Delphi newsgroup? :)

Is C++ still a free ad-on to Delphi, or was it separated into its own product line again?

I don't know...
What day of the week is this??? <G>
David Erbas-White

Re:Full Update 2 in zipped download file

"David Erbas-White" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes news:XXXX@XXXXX.COM...
What day of the week is this??? <G>
Today is the day of the Serpent Snake, according to the Aztec calendar.