D7 and Turbo Delphi Win32 on same machine

2006-09-07 03:16:25 PM
delphi206
Hello,
I know that is impossible to have BDS2006 and T D Win32 on the same machine.
Is it possible to Have Delphi 7 and T D Win32 on the same machine ?
thanks
John

Re:D7 and Turbo Delphi Win32 on same machine

Hi John,
John writes:
I know that is impossible to have BDS2006 and T D Win32 on the same
machine. Is it possible to Have Delphi 7 and T D Win32 on the same machine ?
Without having tried it:
Since the reason why the Turbos and BDS 2006 cannot be installed on the same
box is that they use the same registry branch, Delphi 7 should be safe
because it uses a different branch.
MfG
twm

Re:D7 and Turbo Delphi Win32 on same machine

I know that is impossible to have BDS2006 and T D Win32 on the same
machine.
Is it possible to Have Delphi 7 and T D Win32 on the same machine ?

Works fine for me.

John writes:
Hello,

I know that is impossible to have BDS2006 and T D Win32 on the same
machine. Is it possible to Have Delphi 7 and T D Win32 on the same machine
?

thanks

John
Ah yes! The amazing logic here! I can have Delphi 5, Delphi 7 and C++
Builder 6 installed when I install Turbo Delphi. But woohoo! I can't
install Turbo C++ as well.
Roll up folks! See the amazing idiocy provided for you by your
favourite development system!!!
--
Pete Goodwin

Re:D7 and Turbo Delphi Win32 on same machine

Hi Pete,
Pete Goodwin writes:
Ah yes! The amazing logic here! I can have Delphi 5, Delphi 7 and C++
Builder 6 installed when I install Turbo Delphi. But woohoo! I can't
install Turbo C++ as well.
Roll up folks! See the amazing idiocy provided for you by your
favourite development system!!!
You (and everybody else who cared to actually read these newsgroups) have
been told several times that there are technical reasons for it and that
the folks at DevCo are working on it to make it possible for future
versions. So, stop whining and get over it, please.
MfG
twm

Re:D7 and Turbo Delphi Win32 on same machine

Yep, there is quite a bit of rampant madness right now.
Having a free, usable version of Delphi readily downloadable is quite a
significant step.
As for installing multiple languages or targets, let's get realistic:
most developers won't be using more than one language at a time, and
they'll already have trouble being efficient at one language and one
platform at a time... and this especially true for beginners, hobbyists
and small teams that want to get something *done* and don't have
infinite times to waste on experimental project, training and relearning
how each language spins the wheel.
And for those Turbos are good: now there is an alternative, a product
you can point people to, something we hadn't seen since *gasp* Delphi 6.
There are bumps and rough edges, but they'll hopefully be smoothed out
in time (by DTG and/or community), and having *something* rather than
*nothing* to address the IMO crucial market of beginners is *good*.
Eric

Re:D7 and Turbo Delphi Win32 on same machine

Thanks All for your replies

Pete Goodwin writes:
Ah yes! The amazing logic here! I can have Delphi 5, Delphi 7 and C++
Builder 6 installed when I install Turbo Delphi. But woohoo! I can't
install Turbo C++ as well.
Don't you ever *read* the answers you get on your posts? This horse has
been beaten to death by now. Yes, there is a technical reason you can't
install two Turbo products in the same OS for the moment. Borland/DevCo
will probably try to do something about it. *You* can do something
about it now - use a VM.
But stop iterating the same thing again and again, please.
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm