Looking for component to display JPEG *progressively*

Hi

I've seen components that let you display jpegs give an entire file, (e.g.,
TJpegImage.LoadFromFile) but I want to be able to display jpegs
progressively as they are streamed in from a socket connection.  In other
words, I want to feed it 1K or so of data and have it decode and display a
few lines at a time until done.  Is there any component or code library
that'll allow me to do this

tia

--
  luu
Please remove the underscore _ in my address when replying by email

Re:Looking for component to display JPEG *progressively*

Hi,
Pegasus supplies "streaming" jpeg for Compuserve, Prodigy, CiceroSoft,
Pixel Translations and many others.  Unfortunately this feature is not
supported in our VCL's or Active X's.  You will have to use our DLL's
for this.  This is more complex code because of buffer control and
communication between the processes.  However, there is not anything
remotely as flexible or powerful as our low level DLL's under Windows.
If you want to try them out, let me know.
Good luck,
jack
  Check out "BETTER JPEG" live: http://www.jpegwizard.com/
  http://www.jpg.com/    Pegasus - the BETTER JPEG people!
Luu Tran wrote:

> Hi

> I've seen components that let you display jpegs give an entire file, (e.g.,
> TJpegImage.LoadFromFile) but I want to be able to display jpegs
> progressively as they are streamed in from a socket connection.  In other
> words, I want to feed it 1K or so of data and have it decode and display a
> few lines at a time until done.  Is there any component or code library
> that'll allow me to do this

> tia

> --
>   luu
> Please remove the underscore _ in my address when replying by email

Other Threads