CodeGear 2007 and WebAppDe{*word*81}

2008-02-12 10:19:43 PM
delphi48
Not sure if this is the right place, apologies if not.
I created a new project via Delphi ->WebServices ->Soap Server
Application and picked the WebAppDe{*word*81} executable. When I tried to
build this project, it terminates on "[DCC Error]
BgeWsdlTestServer_CodeGear.dpr(11): F2051 Unit SockApp was compiled
with a different version of IdTCPServer.TIdTCPServer", and also the
Structure window shows "Cannot resolve unit name 'SockApp' at line 7
(7:3)". The relevant Design Packages in the Project Options appear OK,
and SockApp is present in the installation. Before I start changing
paths, etc., are there some things I should try first?
Regards,
Ciaran

Re:CodeGear 2007 and WebAppDe{*word*81}

Ciaran Costelloe schreef:
Not sure if this is the right place, apologies if not.

I created a new project via Delphi ->WebServices ->Soap Server
Application and picked the WebAppDe{*word*81} executable. When I tried to
build this project, it terminates on "[DCC Error]
BgeWsdlTestServer_CodeGear.dpr(11): F2051 Unit SockApp was compiled
with a different version of IdTCPServer.TIdTCPServer", and also the
Structure window shows "Cannot resolve unit name 'SockApp' at line 7
(7:3)". The relevant Design Packages in the Project Options appear OK,
and SockApp is present in the installation. Before I start changing
paths, etc., are there some things I should try first?

Regards,

Ciaran
This has to do with some Indy problems if you have both versions
available. As far as I know you should disable Indy 10 (by renaming the
dir i.e) and then try again. I know I had to try a lot before I got this
to work. Fortunately I don't use Indy for other stuff (but Fpiettes
OVerbyte).
albert

Re:CodeGear 2007 and WebAppDe{*word*81}

Hello,
I believe this is mentioned in the README. Basically, the WebAppDe{*word*81}
support is built with Indy9. So you will have to change the search path from
Indy10 to Indy9. Here's the relevant excerpt:
" In order to build WebAppDe{*word*81} applications with packages, you must list
the Indy9 package in the runtime packages list before the Indy10 packages.
Select Component>Install Packages.
Add "indy;" at the beginning of the runtime packages list, as follows:
indy;vcl;rtl;bcbie;vclx;vclactnband;xmlrtl;bcbsmp;dbrtl;vcldb;bdertl;vcldbx;
dsnap;dsnapcon;teeUI;tee;teedb;vclib;ibxpress;adortl;
dbxcds;dbexpress;DbxCommonDriver;IndyCore;IndySystem;IndyProtocols;inet;Intr
awebDB_90_100;Intraweb_90_100;VclSmp;vclie;websnap;webdsnap;inetdbbde;inetdb
xpress;soaprtl"
Cheers,
Bruneau.

albert drent writes:
Ciaran Costelloe schreef:
This has to do with some Indy problems if you have both versions
available. As far as I know you should disable Indy 10 (by renaming
the dir i.e) and then try again. I know I had to try a lot before I
got this to work. Fortunately I don't use Indy for other stuff (but
Fpiettes OVerbyte).
Hi Albert, thanks very much for the info on that option. Sounds like
fun.

Jean-Marie Babet writes:
Hello,

I believe this is mentioned in the README.
My apologies. I never thought of checking it.
Basically, the
WebAppDe{*word*81} support is built with Indy9. So you will have to change
the search path from Indy10 to Indy9. Here's the relevant excerpt:
[snip]
inetdb xpress;soaprtl"

Cheers,

Bruneau.
Thank you very much. That seems very straightforward!
Ciaran

Re:CodeGear 2007 and WebAppDe{*word*81}

Ciaran,
Actually, it is easier than all that. Just put the Indy 9 directory in your
Project Options Search path. For RAD 2007, use "C:\program
files\codegear\rad studio\5.0\lib\Indy9". That will leave Indy10 unmolested.
Sockapp is just looking for the dcu files.
Pete
"Ciaran Costelloe" <XXXX@XXXXX.COM>writes