Win 98, Win 2000/XP registry problem

HI

I am writing and reading to the HK_local_machine registry in my application.
If the key does not exist or the values are invalid the application will
close.  My problem is that in 2000 I can see the entries and change them
through regedit but the program still do not open.  It does not even showm
me my window which will normally pop up under Win 98 in the same
circumstances.  It is like the application hangs.

PLease help

Thank You

Winston

Re:Win 98, Win 2000/XP registry problem

you must step trace your app and see what the problem is.
 are you running a Security program ?, User set up ?

Winston Tuck wrote in message ...
>I am writing and reading to the HK_local_machine registry in my
application.
>If the key does not exist or the values are invalid the application will
>close.  My problem is that in 2000 I can see the entries and change them
>through regedit but the program still do not open.

In Windows NT, HKLM access is restricted by default.
Try explicitly requesting the right to read it before
you do.

Details at Google.

Groetjes,
Maarten Wiltink